We've decided to adopt!!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM
So, after over a year of unsuccessful fertility treatment and a recent diagnosis of sarcoidosis of the liver, my husband and I have decided to adopt our first child while continuing to try to conceive. I feel so overwhelmed with the whole process and pf course the financial aspects! Have any of you gone thorugh this? Any advice to get us started??
March 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Nicole!! to Just Mommies!!

I'm so glad you decided to join us here. It's a great community. This board in particular is a wonderful place for those of us who have been or are hoping to be blessed by adoption. I hope we can be of some support to you.

I'm Anna. My husband Rick and I have 4 daughters. Meg (15), Abbey (13), Kayla (9) and Ellie (6). We adopted Ellie last year through kinship adoption. (adopting a relative)

Since we technically went through the foster care system our adoption process was basically free. Most of our out of pocket expenses as far as the adoption was concerned were reimbersed.
I don't have any expirience with a private adoption or going through an agency so I can't give you any advice about that but I know there are mommies on here who have or are in the process of going that route so hopefully they'll chime in.

Good luck in your journey. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

March 9th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Veteran
Welcome to the board!!!

My husband and I are in our late 20s. We have had over 5 years worth of infertility. We have tried almost every step towards making our family possible. About 1 year ago my husband and I talked about adoption but we said it would be our last option. He entered into the Air Force and once we got to his first duty assignment a guy is works with stated they had adopted from the State. I started researching over 50 adoption agencies here in Colorado and found the one that was the best for us.

Our adoption agency does Foster Adoptions as well as Private Birth mother adoptions. We chose to do the foster adoption because the idea just pulled at our hearts. As the process began we have gone pretty fast. We are waiting for our FBI check to come back and then we start our homestudy and we are the only one ready to do the homestudy right now so we should go pretty fast.

We have completed our first aid training, CORE TRAINING, and have started our 11 hours of continued training for the State of Colorado.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search