Worn Out...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Weíve been waiting over a year now. Iíve been OK with the whole process up until 2 days ago when my SIL gave birth to her first son. My in-lawís first grandchild. I havenít slept since that night (to add to the emotion, it was on my birthday)
I know my child is out there. And I know that in the right time, he/she will come to me. But Iím so worn out. Iíve started to convince myself that if it didnít happen, it would be ok. But in my heart of hearts, I know thatís not the case.
Hubby travels for work and I feel so alone. Heís feels like Iím jinxing something if I start to put the nursery together, I feel like itís therapy. Nesting, if you will, because thatís all I have.
Not looking for a pity party, just had no where else to vent.
April 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can vent here any time you need to.

You're right that your child will come to you when the time is right. But it doesn't make the waiting any easier. I'll be praying for you! Keep us posted.

BTW.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

April 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
YOUR child will come at exactly the right time I agree with "nesting" in the meantime. I started making lists YEARS before becoming a foster parent, of the stuff that I would need. It helped very much to pass the time. Maybe talking to your husband about it, that getting the nursery is for you, not necessarily a baby, kwim? Praying for you

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
April 5th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you for the support! And thanks for the Bday wishes

Staying strong and keeping the faith. The prayers are very appreciated
April 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Vent away!!! I have to agree, start nesting if you need to, even if its just picking up some stuff at garage sales to have on hand just in case and making lists of things you will need when your forever child comes to you. Happy Birthday!!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search