Public Adoption - Canada

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsOrganization2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
Hey Everyone ... I was wondering if there were any Canadians on this board that could maybe help shed some light on what I might have to go through as I enter the process for a Public Adoption in Nova Scotia Canada. I know its really different from the US.

I would appreciate any help at all!!

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

April 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we did ours private/direct in AB
How long is the wait in NB? I've been told its around 10yrs for a healthy nb here
April 14th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I'm in NS, but ... so far we are going smoothly and quickly with the process. We started in Feb and already have our PRIDE Training dates which will start in May and end in June ... then its our Home Study and we should be certified to Adopt by December. They haven't given us a time on how long before a child or a sibling group would be placed with us though. I hopefully will know more when we go to the information session on April 26th.

From speaking to people who foster in the area there are tons of children looking for their forever home, however, I don't know their age ranges yet. We stipulated we would like to adopt 0 - 24 months for our first child and then after that I don't think we will care.

April 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry my brain was thinking NB for some reason. What an exciting process for you! I hope you're holding your kidlets soon
April 16th, 2012, 10:12 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have nothing to add to this thread. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board. I hope you'll stick around. Good luck in your adoption journey.

April 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Thank you for the welcome ... I will be sticking around ... I can't wait till the 26th when we can go to our first information session

April 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to give a shout out to you because I am from Nova Scotia, too! It's not very often I find another person from here on JM.

Sorry I don't really have any information on adoption. The reason I even came to this board was because I was adopted by my aunt and uncle as an older child, it's probably very different than the type of adoption you are looking for.

I wish you luck though!

April 30th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Oh that's awesome to have someone else from NS on here. There are very few of us on the boards

DH and I are going through the adoption process as well as TTC

September 1st, 2012, 03:53 AM
I haven't checked in in a while because a lot has changed. We were delayed in attending our PRIDE Training because there were some families that bumped us out due to time sensitive adoptions that they HAD to have the training for to go forward. We were a little upset but at the same time know that it must be so hard to have the children just WAITING to be taken to their forever home and they cant because of a technicality (PRIDE Training)

DH and I should be scheduled for the PRIDE Training in October/November which is perfect because in 25 days I go for Lap-Band Surgery and didn't want that to interfere with the training at all. I am trying to get healthy so that I can run around with any children we adopt/have ... so now I just wait for the dates of the course and pray its soon!

February 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Well our PRIDE Training is complete, my surgery is done too and now another waiting game. We are waiting for our in home inspection/intviews which could take 8-12 months to even get started.

I am extremely happy to have another step in the adoption process completed but can't believe how long it is all taking. We started this process over a year ago already.
Just_Marie likes this.

Last edited by MrsOrganization2011; February 18th, 2013 at 01:55 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search