Lets get to know one another

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Saigon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How bout you tell us 3 or 4 things about yourself, how you ended up on here, about your life, and you goals for the future.
July 17th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Rebecca. I'm 23 years old. Married to my wonderful hubby Brad (24), and we have a 4 year old son Ashton.

1.Brad and I were high school sweethearts. We became pregnant with Ashton the summer after I graduated which wasnt a big surprise to either of us. We like to say that we just did things out of order. We got pregnant before we got married but we didnt get married because we got pregnant.

2. Ever since Brad and I were dating the subject of adoption came up. We both had this desire to adopt as well as have biological children, and we both wanted to adopt internationally. Unfortunately we are not quite old enough yet.

3. Brad was deployed for 13 months with the Army and while he was gone I started to think alot about adoption. I did alot of research about the diffrent countries and the proceess. We were leaning more towards Guatemala but then I was watching Oprah one day, which has to be a sign because i rarely watch Oprah, and she had on her show a doctor that had set up a special hospital in Ethiopia. I watched the entire show and after it was over I just knew Ethiopia was where we were supposed to adopt from. I didnt even know Ethiopia was available for international adoptions.

4. I am terrified of spiders. i once saw a spider out of the corner of my eye crawl up the driver side door and stood with my son on the side of the highway until my brother in law came to kill it. it is this irrational fear that i have no idea how to control and seems completely rediculuous in my head but it is very real.

July 17th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Saigon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the same fear of clowns. I was once at a make up shop (stage makeup) And a clown came in in make up to pick up some pancake base for touch ups. and I freaked. I fled to the supply room and wouldn't come out until they promised me that he was gone. The strange this is, I can do great clown make up application, but when its done I freak. How screy is that?!? good grief I need help
July 17th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My name is Mindy and I'm 30 DH Matt and I have been married for nearly 4 years now. We have a son, Rylan, who will be 2 years old in late August. He is the light of our life and our miracle baby. In total, I've had 4 miscarriages . . . one before our son and three after. I've also been recently diagnosed with cervical cancer. All of these things have brought us to adoption.

A few things about me . . .

I am a new SAHM! I recently left my teaching profession to be home with my son. It has been the best career change of my life!

I, too, am afraid of clowns. A clown stole my ticket to get into Six Flags when I was a kid. They are evil!

My husband is a corporate pilot.

When I was in college, I was a cheerleader.

I guess none of these things are important, just mindless Mindy Trivia! LOL

July 18th, 2006, 10:49 AM
My name is Jess. I was 19 2 weeks ago and I am 10 days overdue with a little boy. I have a 15 month old daughter who I placed into an open adoption at birth.

1. My passions are horseback riding and skiing.
2. I love the ocean and spen tons of time there.
3. I am the oldest of 3, I have a sister who is 13 and a brother who is 17
4. My fear are snakes..spiders bother me but not as much as snakes.

My goal for the future is to go to school for social work and work with birthmothers.

If a mother can love more than one child,
why is it so hard to believe that a child can love more then one mother?'
*Emma Claire*
-5-20-2005-
Always in my heart..
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search