Introduction

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MindyRambo
  • 1 Post By fromfivetosix

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 11:22 AM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
Hello. I usually hang out over in AIP, but the time has come to introduce myself here. I am Shilo, DH is Trevor and we have 3 beautiful "homemade" children, ages 13, 10, and 8. We have been trying to have more for the past 4 years and been unsuccessful. Over that time we have lost 2 confirmed pregnancies, for a total of 5 losses, the most recent being last October. Fast forward to about 6 weeks ago....
An impromptu day of snowmachine riding found my family and a group of friends resting in the garage after we finished and my friend was checking her phone. She says "hey, I just got this message that asked if I knew of anyone looking to adopt a baby". (Understand, we are both nurses and it happens more often than you would think that we get "word of mouth" adoption requests). DH and I had not talked about this, had not considered this, but the words "I WANT IT" fell out of my mouth. So, the next morning, she put us in contact with the birthmother, who I started out texting with, then talking to, then having dinner with, then meeting the rest of my family. End result? We have a match and my baby is due in June!!!
We meet with the attorney this coming week and I plan to surprise her with a 3d ultrasound the same day.
I am over the moon excited about this, as is the rest of my family. My father even started crying when i called to tell them we were adopting, he was so happy.
I guess I'm just here to have support and get any advice I can on the process from others who have gone through it.
I do realize that my situation was a little unorthodox and that it may upset some people due to the ease of it. I know that many couples wait YEARS and spend thousands on attempting to adopt. I do sympathize, but I will not apologize. Please, nothing negative, I'm here for support, just like everyone else.

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
February 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations! I wish you all the luck in the world, adoption is a very beautiful thing.

I would urge you for your own protection to not assume anything is 100% even if you do have a match. The prospective birth mother doesn't sign any papers until after the baby is born, and has time to process whether this is what she really wants. I don't think this will upset anyone who thinks it came to you with ease, because I think you will find when all is said and done that adoption is anything but easy. Please take this time to read everything you possibly can find about adoption. From adoptive parents experiences, to birth mother and adoptee experiences. You will discover a whole new world.

I'm happy for you, I really am, but do you feel you have had the time to grieve your loss and the loss of your fertility? I just think you need to protect your feelings and your family's. I hope your dad understands he can be excited, but that nothing is set in stone until the final decision which will be after the birth (at least several days to heal so the prospective birth mother doesn't feel coerced by hormones... etc)

Best of luck to you, I really hope everything works out. Are you planning an open adoption?
mamato4andc likes this.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.

Last edited by MindyRambo; February 18th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
February 20th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Oh my gosh that's wonderfull news!! I am so happy for your family!! God sure does have his ways!!
February 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Congratulations! That is so exciting. I do agree with MindyRambo above though, guard your heart, things do not always work out no matter how much we hope they will but at the same time, we will send all of our wishes and prayers for you and the expectant mom! Best of luck!

Stephanie
www. parentprofile.net
MindyRambo likes this.

Lucky mother to three beautiful children
Hoping to add a baby to our family through domestic adoption
visit us at www.parentprofile.net
like us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian-Stephanie-want-to-adopt-a-baby/294626610596310

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search