Future Adoption Hopeful.

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 06:38 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Well...here goes...I'm the clueless newbie who hopes to adopt a little girl to welcome into our family. Is it lame to want to adopt a specific gender? I'm sure we'd be more than willing to adopt two siblings (twins or something).

So how does all this work? Is it cheaper to do domestic adoption?
We won't be adopting for a few more years, we need to buy a house first...but I thought I'd get posting anyway.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

February 14th, 2014, 11:12 AM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
Hey there,

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long for a response... You've probably forgotten that you posted this. :-)

My DH and I tried to conceive for about a year but my age and health issues forced us to go the adoption route. We are still waiting to adopt (through a private agency out of California - we live in AZ) but we were able to specify gender. We had to pay a fee to be able to do so, and they would only take us on as clients when they felt they could provide us with a baby of our specified gender within a 24-month period. But no, I don't think it's crazy to specify gender at all. The only thing about that is that you aren't presented to birth mothers who do not know the gender of their baby, which somewhat limits who they can show your profile to (which means a longer wait time to get matched).

You may have the option of becoming licensed foster parents and adopting through the foster system. We've been licensed for two years and haven't had anything happen in that realm for us, but foster care adds several layers of complications to things if you want a baby (like we do).

As for domestic being cheaper, I'm not really sure. I would imagine it would be only because you don't have the travel expenses, but that's just my own thought.

Good luck with adoption... It can be a good test of patience!

-Christi

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (8 months ago - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success thus far.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids and endometriosis evidence present
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for...? Not sure at this point.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search