Long talk with the birth mom

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone talking with our potential birth mom last night. She was hoping to come to some decision about her baby's futures by now but has not been able to. She is truly torn and doesn't know what to do. My heart just breaks for her. She told me over and over that she wouldn't be giving up her baby because she doesn't love him but wants what is best for him.

She did ask if we would be coming up for the birth. She also wanted to know if we had any names picked out. Both are really good signs. She wants to do what is best for the baby but can't make that final decision.

We are going to have to know soon, as I plan on nursing the baby. I need to get physically prepared for that. I'll share more info as I get it.

Baby is due Nov. 27, the new offical EDD. We will have a lot to be thankful for.

August 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
fallsbaby's Avatar Veteran
That sounds fantastic! Just proceed with caution..........I dont want your heart to break...Cautious optism
August 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mindy! I can't imagine what a rollercoaster this must be for your heart! My heart just aches for her, but I pray she makes a decision soon so you can both be at peace. I am (cautiously ) excited for you!!!

my photog blog / my family blog
August 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Believe me when I say that I am at peace no matter what decision she makes. I am being cautious, as I know that she may want to keep her baby. I know that we will have a baby in the end, whether it be her precious little one, or another. I'm hopeful that she will decide to place her baby in our arms, but I'm being supportive to her no matter what she decides. I could not imagine being in her shoes right now. I don't know that I would have the strength to carry a baby for 9 months and then hand it over to someone else. It takes a very strong and brave person to do that.

Psssst!! I am excited about the possibility, though

Thanks for your support, ladies. I do appreciate it!

August 17th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Saigon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are an amazing woman to be supportive either way. There were times during my placement that I felt if I shared my doubts I would be made to feel like a horrible person for being torn.

I cannot imagine what you are feeling, but I am glad you are a strong loving woman and that you know that you will have a little one at some point.
August 27th, 2006, 12:48 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keep us updated! btw my birthdate is November 27th!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
August 28th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope things go well. I think it's awesome how supportive you are.

September 4th, 2006, 03:34 PM
JulieP's Avatar Regular
You are so strong. I think you are so supportive of the BM and her right to make that choice. Giving up a baby is so hard. Sounds like you thoroughly understand that. I pray that you will be able to adopt this baby, and I pray that the birthmother will remain strong.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search