Liberia??

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh comes to me near tears last night. If things don't work out with the woman in Canada, he does not want to go to China to adopt the baby. I was very surprised, as I didn't know where he was going with it. He said that he wants to adopt from Liberia. We had talked about the possibility before, but put it to rest.

He said that this is our chance to save a life of a child that needs us.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience? I know there is a lot to think about, but I'm definitely willing to give it a go. I'm worried about the travel, as well as the health concerns.

August 11th, 2006, 05:38 AM
fallsbaby's Avatar Veteran
I cant offer much info, I would say just do your research.
August 11th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Veteran
We were really worried when we traveled to Ethiopia (the second time there was bombings in the city where we were) but it was the most amazing trip of my life and honestly we really found the country beautiful, and can not wait to take our children back.

As for health, I always looked it like this (just my opinion) with pregnancy there is no way to make sure that your child will be healthy there are many things that can go wrong. So with adoption it's the same there are possiblities of health issues but what ever child ends up in your family it is ment to be. There are also so really good international adoption doctors that you can go over your referral with.

Prayers that where ever your child may be that he/she is healthy and safe awaiting to be held in your forever arms.
August 11th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much for your input. We had talked about Liberia after our informational meeting, as there was a family there who had just adopted from Liberia. I have a call in to the agency so that I can get their phone number and chat directly with them.

Maybe this is our calling!!

August 12th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Veteran
You never really know until it hits you. just keep your heart open.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search