Home study

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had the first of four sessions today. It was very informative. We talked about the process and timelines, costs and expectations. There are 5 other couples accompanying us on our journey. They are a lovely mix of people, from a variety of backgrounds. DH and I are clearly the youngest in the group, but not by much. Most of the other couples are in their early 40's. Next week we begin on some of the paperwork. It actually feels official now.

We have come to the decision that if the baby in Canada doesn't work out, Liberia will be the way we will go. I just think that is where our heart is.

I can't wait to share the rest of this amazing journey with you guys!

August 18th, 2006, 03:30 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Congratulations on getting your first session out of the way! I'm glad you have a firm plan now (doesn't it feel good to have that decision made?), and I hope that everything goes smoothly with all your paperwork. The coming months are going to be very exciting for your family! That's funny about y'all being the youngest. We were so surprised to be one the two youngest couples in our first travel group to China. There were couples there adopting that had GRANDKIDS at home!

And it IS official now, consider yourself "paper pregnant"!!

ETA: Thanks for posting in the stickies! Your son is adorable!!

my photog blog / my family blog
August 18th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah!! I'm paper pregnant!! LOL

We are super excited. We were very surprised to learn how short the wait was for Liberia. They aren't exactly sure what the wait will be, as there is a new president and some new laws that are being put in place, but it's doubtful that it will be much more than 4 months. I just want to get the home study finished and get dossier completed. From there it should be a piece of cake!!

I can't wait to get started on the nursery Ohhh, and little girl clothes!! Yahoo!

August 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Veteran
Congrat's!!!! Ahhh, memories of paper work =) I worked so hard to get it all done so I could have our baby in our arms. It's right around the corner for you now. We were also the youngest to adopt we actually could not adopt from a few countries because I was to young! When we were in Ethiopia the officals couldn't believe we were even old enough to be married =)
August 18th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh, i'm so excited for you! you must be so thrilled!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search