Question of the Week

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2006, 09:42 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you take a family vacation this summer, and if so, where to?

We didn't do anything major this year, since my dh used a lot of vacation days when Jack was born. I went to Mexico with a girlfriend in June and we took the kids to Ruidoso, NM for the July 4th holiday. I hope to start planning a big trip each year from now on. I'm thinking about taking the girls to China next year with my mom. I hope to take them to visit at least once every 3 years or so. I think it's important for them to stay connected to their heritage, especially Jacey, since she still remembers so much. She's dying to see the Great Wall, too.

my photog blog / my family blog
August 28th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We took Rylan to Disney World in early June. We had been planning for such a long time prior to the trip. We stayed at Disney's Polynesian resort, and it was GORGEOUS! We didn't want to leave. Ry was a trooper for the whole trip. He tolerated the drive down (16 hours), the heat, the changes in routine.

He loved riding the rides and meeting the characters. He loved the monorail and "the big ball" (SpaceShip Earth). He still begs to ride the monorail at least once a week.

After we get the adoption behind us, we will start planning another trip down.

Marla~A trip to China with the girls sounds like an awesome time. You will all have such a wonderful time.

This is Ry meeting Minnie Mouse for the first time. I wish you could see his face!

August 29th, 2006, 12:04 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
We took Rylan to Disney World in early June. We had been planning for such a long time prior to the trip. We stayed at Disney's Polynesian resort, and it was GORGEOUS! We didn't want to leave. Ry was a trooper for the whole trip. He tolerated the drive down (16 hours), the heat, the changes in routine.

He loved riding the rides and meeting the characters. He loved the monorail and "the big ball" (SpaceShip Earth). He still begs to ride the monorail at least once a week.

After we get the adoption behind us, we will start planning another trip down.[/b]
How fun! I can't wait to take my crew to Disney World. We'll probably wait until Jack's a little older. I'd really like for my parents to go too, I think they would enjoy it as much as the kids.

Did Rylan get to meet Minnie at one of the character breakfasts? We did that with Jakob (who was only 14 mos old) and he nearly jumped out of the high chair with excitement when Pooh came over to our table.

my photog blog / my family blog
August 31st, 2006, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's exactly where we met the characters. We did a character meal at the Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom. I highly recommend it. The "company" was great and the food was outstanding. There was really nothing bad about our vacation. The on-property stay is the only way to go, along with the Disney Dining Plan. It's so convenient to have everything paid for long before you actually get to Disney!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search