From the Third Voice...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2006, 04:21 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I poked my nose onto this board during a late night feeding and discovered so much that warmed my heart. I come to JM as a mommy every day, but just for a few minutes, I'm posting as a daughter.

I am an adopted child. I was born on March 29 and placed with my adopted family on April 11 of the same year. It was a closed adoption - I have a folder filled with papers that include health history, a little about each of my birth parents, a letter from my birth mother, and a locket that has been passed down from mother to daughter in her family that she chose to give to me (and I hope to pass on either to my daughter, should I have one, or to my daughter-in-law if and when Eric gets married). We have never met, though, and I'm not sure we ever will.

After reading many of the posts here, I needed to add my own to say thank you to you all.

To the birth parents...whose incredible strength and sacrifice leave me in complete awe. You give so much to your children in the short time your children are with you. My mother had a number of abortions before giving me the chance I got, and I have never had a moment where I was not grateful for her choice and for the love she gave to me. Whether you meet your child or not later in life, I hope you know that they are thankful and know your love through the sacrifice you make.

To the adoptive parents...whose capacity for love and strength amaze me. I've heard my adopted parents' story of how hard they worked, how much they struggled, and how long they waited before they adopted me. Their struggle to conceive, only to discover they were unable, was a trial I'm not sure I could make it through. The long wait, the ifs and maybes, and the massive process to adopt is daunting and costly - all so you can welcome into your life a child who is not your own but you love and make your own from the first moment you meet them. Parenthood is hard and children don't always say it, but I hope you know that they are thankful and know your love through everything you do.

I have never been a birth or adoptive mother, but I wanted to share the third voice involved in adoption. You all amaze and astound me, and you all are incredible people. Thank you.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautifully written post, thank you so much for sharing from your perspective. Congratulations on your beautiful son!

my photog blog / my family blog
September 10th, 2006, 06:21 PM
JulieP's Avatar Regular
I am sitting here just bawling!!! What a beautiful post. I'm a birthmother and to read what you wrote is so touching. I just hope that the little boy I placed for adoption 9 1/2 years ago will feel the same way when he learns that I'm his birthmother. ((HUGS)) to you!! And thank you.
September 26th, 2006, 09:17 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I like to lurk on this board because I hope to adopt ... someday. What a beautiful post!
September 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM
fallsbaby's Avatar Veteran
So sweet of you to post such an uplifting message. I always love to hear from all sides of adoption!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search