Wanted to offer myself up...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2006, 12:13 AM
ShanMarie's Avatar Is it spring yet?
I am a birthmother. I have a wonderful adoption experience and I love helping out adoptive parents whenever I can.

I just wanted to say that if anyone has any questions for a birthmother, please do not hesitate to ask me!! From profiles to how it is now, 8.5 years later!!!

I admire all of you for wanting to adopt!! You are very special ladies!!!
Preston-3
Cameron-1

December 3rd, 2006, 02:23 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
That's wonderful! I lurk here a lot. I'd like to adopt someday, but it'll be quite a while. I don't post often.
December 3rd, 2006, 10:10 PM
Mommy2twogirls
I am a birthmother also... I will help where I can, as well. My adoption is open- and has been for nearly 6 years.
January 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Regular
My husband and I are considering adoption tell me how hard it is to go through the process?
January 24th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Mommy2twogirls
Quote:
My husband and I are considering adoption tell me how hard it is to go through the process?[/b]

Are you asking about the birth mother side of the process or the adoptive parent's side??
January 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
fallsbaby's Avatar Veteran
I would just like to say to both Shannon and Melissa -
You women are amazing! You give me hope that someday I will be able to find a woman who is willing to give me the most precious gift in the world.

I have lost 2 children to genetic conditions, and have been advised that it would most likely be the result of additional pregnancies, so I am seeking adoption as a means to answer my prayers! I pray I am able to be blessed to find a woman half as special as the 2 of you!

Thank you for your openness.

To SaraEllen - the physical process of adoption (from a hopeful adoptive mother) is not very difficult. You must seriously be ready for a lot of emotional ups and downs though. All in all, the gift of adoption is a very special process. If you have any specific questions, please ask!
January 25th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Mommy2twogirls
Thank you....
I won't lie, it was VERY hard... but it is all worth it.
February 4th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Birdie's Avatar Loved by Two
Shannon and Melissa, so glad to see hear to offer another perspective to adoptive parents. So often times birthmothers are an abstract to adoptive parents, especially in closed or international adoptions where there is no personal contact.

I'm so pleased Melissa that you are involved in an open adoption, what a wonderful gift for your child!

February 6th, 2007, 12:12 AM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
My DH and I are in the adoption process now. We are going through Department of Social Services to adopt a newborn. So far I am scared to death and so nerous about it all. You ladies are wonderful for being strong enough to be a birth mom!

March 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
IndigoEyes's Avatar Regular
I'm also a birthmother. Relinquished my 2nd son in 1992 in an open adoption. It was a wonderful and rewarding experience. I've remained in contact with them, and we get together at least once a year. He know's he's adopted, and know's I'm his birthmom.

I'd also be happy to offer any help/advice or even just some insight to the birthmothers side of the whole process.

I was even on a local TV talk show with the adoptive parents and the birthmother of their other adopted son.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search