DCF is coming over today, wish us luck.

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
I really hate DCF, but they have to be involved in this....my ex-husband has agreed to give up his rights and DH is trying to adopt, so DCF has to come over to investigate everything and interview everyone. I don't forsee a problem, but DH & I both despise DCF so much, because of stuff they have done to us in the past....my son's got into my lipstick (the kind that doesn't wear off) and I couldn't wash it out of their blonde hair with soap and water, I told their school this, and they called DCF because they couldn't get it off w/ soap & water, so it must be blood.....blood would have come off.....DCF made us go to the Dr. w/ them and watched while the doctor took an alcohol wipe and got off the lipstick, confirmed it was lipstick, and said, no neglect, or abuse was involved.......how was I supposed to know to use alcohol?????.....DCF STILL opened a neglect case and was in our life for a year, it was horrible. Anyway, this time I am hoping it is going to be a positive experience, but am still nervous, because my middle child (the one DH is trying to adopt) has a black eye from wrestling with his brother, so I am afraid they will say we hit him or something, I mean both kids tell the same story, and the way my oldest tells it, while looking away from you, you can TELL he did it, but these people don't want to believe things like that, so it worries me. I'm not gonna try to cover it up with makeup or anything though, because then it would look like were hiding something, and we have nothing to hide. Yea, I know I'm rambling, but it is 1 pm and they will be here in 3 hours, it is getting nerve wracking.....we want to adopt after we have our 6th child....I hope it isn't as crazy as this....I dunno though...I hear it can be worse....Please keep us in your thoughs, thanx.
December 12th, 2006, 12:29 AM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
I am sorry to hear about the way that DCF has done you in the past. Maybe this expirence with them will go well and maybe it can change your opinion of them. How did things go with them?? Please update us!

December 12th, 2006, 04:30 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I'm just now responding, but how did it go? I hope the experience was a whole lot more positive than the others you'd had in the past. Please let us know!

my photog blog / my family blog
February 4th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
OMG! I can't believe I haven't posted anything since this! I could have sworn I did! Anyway, it went AWESOME! The lady that came over told us she hates DCF, lol. She technically works for the Probate Court, but has all rights of DCF, lol. Anyway, she was so nice, and everything went great! Our court date is set for Feb. 15. However, this is just for bio-father to give up rights, not for the adoption. It wasn't included together, because my ex paid to give up his rights, and obviously didn't pay the extra amount to do the adoption at the same time. We didn't know this till we got the date set, so we are gonna head down to the probate court tomorrow and see if it can still be added on to do it all on the same date, if not, that's ok, it is one step closer!! YAY!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search