Adoption FINALLY in process!!!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
This past Thursday we had a court date to terminate my ex's parental rights. The state wanted to object because my ex was paying child support and they didn't want him to "get out of it" even though both of us had agreed to this...aparently nobody told the State General Lawyers that my husband wanted to adopt, as soon as they got this info, they dropped their objection and my ex's rights were terminated!!!! We were then directed to the front office to fill out papers for the adoption and a court date will be set for 30 days (minimum) from Thursday. DH and I have decided on changing Eoughan's name, first and last. He will now have mine and DH's last name, and his first name will now be written as it is pronounced, Owen. I'm sure it will take me a LONG TIME to get used to writing Owen rather than Eoughan, but I think it will be worth it for when he goes to school. We plan on keeping a copy of his original birth certificate just for his sake. When he is older, if he wants to change his name back to his original spelling, we will let him. Anyway, now that my ex's rights have been terminated DH is guarenteed to be able to adopt, he will have his first son before our next daughter is born!!! I am so excited! Eoughan already thinks his last name is the same as ours, so there will be no need of re-teaching, also, he is 4, so he never learnt to spell his name, so, again, no re-teaching to spell Owen rather than Eoughan, everything is working out beautifly!
February 22nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I lurk more than I post around here - I'm adopted, not an adopter, but it warms my heart to read the stories. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! That is fabulous news all around!!!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 13th, 2007, 06:58 PM
IrishMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
That is great to here.
We adopted Micayla on Dec. 1st from birth, I was in the delivery room and everything!
It is a true joy to read other's adoptions stories/successes/,milestones.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search