Second Post Placement Playgroup

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2007, 08:04 PM
IrishMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rarely post here, I guess it is because I don't know that there are any or many new adoptive moms posting here, it seems more focused toward questions and answers, which I know there are many when it comes to the topic of adoption.

Today we went to the second of 3 post placement committments.
The first was Jan 2nd at our house.
The second was a playgroup at the adoption agency.
It was so fun, 6 sets of families were there with their new babies ranging in age from 6 mos to 2 mos.
It was GREAT to hear all their birth stories and how they were connected.
Seemed like so many of them were connected really quickly, faster then we were.
Doesn't matter it was just interesting.
Everyone had the same thing to say about what a blessing and how wonderfully nice their birthparents were.

At the end there was supposed to be a picture of all the babies lined up on the couch it is so cute.
But the social worker forgot her camera, but I didn't and there was one family left and we were both like we will take a picture on the couch.
Micayla was HUGE compared to this baby who was a month older it was so funny!

March 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How fun that one of your post placement visits was in a group setting like that, ours were all 3 in our home with just our social worker. I always enjoy getting together with other adoptive parents and meeting their kiddos, we try to attend functions at least once a month to get our girls together with others from China.

Your daughter is adorable!!

my photog blog / my family blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search