Roll Call

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2007, 11:12 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey all,
Just wondering who is here this week. I'd love to hear updates from any waiting families and even if you're just dropping by, please check in and let us know you're here!!

Thanks!!

my photog blog / my family blog
March 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Regular
I'm here although I don't get on much. We got home 2 weeks ago with our daughter, Jessica, from China. You can see our journey at www.bringingmeimeihome.blogspot.com. I've got most of it updated, just our HKDisney portion left.

Paula
March 28th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Regular
I am new. I just got a phone call today saying that they have to change our adoption date because the judge in charge of our court date will be out of town. I am not sure exactly when our adoption date is now but, it should still be close to the original court date. We are foster/adopt parents. We adopted our son last May and will be adopting another boy this May. Although there are some issues this time. This child will also be one in May and our son is 6.

Kimberley
March 28th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Quote:
I'm here although I don't get on much. We got home 2 weeks ago with our daughter, Jessica, from China. You can see our journey at www.bringingmeimeihome.blogspot.com. I've got most of it updated, just our HKDisney portion left.

Paula[/b]
Hi Paula! Welcome home!! Your blog is just great, I so enjoyed reading it. Your new daughter is just precious, hope she is adjusting well. Please keep us posted!

Quote:
I am new. I just got a phone call today saying that they have to change our adoption date because the judge in charge of our court date will be out of town. I am not sure exactly when our adoption date is now but, it should still be close to the original court date. We are foster/adopt parents. We adopted our son last May and will be adopting another boy this May. Although there are some issues this time. This child will also be one in May and our son is 6.

Kimberley[/b]
Hi Kimberley and welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming adoption! Please keep us posted and share pics if you'd like, I'd love to see your little boys.

March 28th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I'm kinda a lurker. DH and I are currently TTC#1. My best friend this past summer completed an adoption from Guatemala. They got a 3 year old little guy (who turned 4 this past Saturday). He got home in June and in October/ November they started their second and third adoption. They are now waiting on their little girl born in August and little boy born in January.

DH and I have always talked about adopting and never really decided where. We decided that when we do finally adopt it will be Guat, pending all the issues going on down there. We figure that the child will be raised with my best friend's children, and like them they will be adopted with the same country.

made by BAM

April 7th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Veteran
Hi, I am Carrie. I adopted my son, Emery from Guatemala. He came home early January 2006 and almost 20 months old. Now we are adopting a little girl, Lillie from Guatemala. She is almost 4 months old (I am in Guate with her) and we are coming home in the next couple weeks. She is ours but we are still waiting for the visa.

April 8th, 2007, 06:59 AM
momofemnry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi my name is Angela my dh is Ryan. We have been married 3 years but together 6. He just adopted our DD Emery who will be 7 and we have a ds Ryland who will be 1.
April 8th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Hi, I am Carrie. I adopted my son, Emery from Guatemala. He came home early January 2006 and almost 20 months old. Now we are adopting a little girl, Lillie from Guatemala. She is almost 4 months old (I am in Guate with her) and we are coming home in the next couple weeks. She is ours but we are still waiting for the visa.[/b]
Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. Please keep us posted on how she's doing!!

April 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM
GirLStaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to GirLStaR
Hi; Im Andrea. DH and I have an 18 month old son and one more on the way. After this baby is born DH is going to get snipped since we have decided we don't want to have anymore biologial kids. We, of course absolutely love our baby and baby on the way to death, but we want one more for sure and would prefer to adopt.
I sometimes spend a long time reading adoption infomation. I think we will start the process in 2 years, and we want to try to adopt from another country.
I was born in Venezuela and DH was born in Brazil and since our countries are poor, we'd love to adpot from there, but the little info we have found all says that it is very difficult, so we're looking at other options. China won't be possible bc by then we'll both still be under 30. I've recently read that there are some issues with Guatemala, so it seems like we might look more into Russia.
We'll see though, for now, we're just doing our research so we know what will be best for our family.
One question that I do have is if to adopt internationally both parents need to be U.S citizens.. My husband is, but as of right now I am a permanent resident, and I won't be able to apply for my citizenship for another 2 and a half years, and the process will probably take a year.
Ok I'm writing too much so I'lll stop lol.
I hope you all are having a great day! and you all have beautiful families
April 25th, 2007, 09:30 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Hey, Andrea! I didn't know you were looking into adoption. I see you here and there and remember you from the DDC when we were pg together.

Anyway, hi all... I'm Chrystal. I lurk here from time to time. Ben is a year and 1/2. We'd like to have another when he's 3. Someday down the road when the kids are 8-10, I think it would be wonderful to adopt a couple of older sibling children wanting to be placed in the same home together. That way I'd have 4 kids about the same age. I can only have 1 more biological child safely.
April 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
sighandbreathe's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to sighandbreathe
Hello, I'm Ashton. I've started looking into adoption since we are dealing with some infertility issues and don't believe in doing IUI or IVF. Has anyone here adopted domestically?
April 26th, 2007, 11:10 PM
PrincessPrunella's Avatar Veteran
I have just started the process of adoption.

I am adopting locally.
April 27th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Welcome everyone, I'm so happy to see that we have some new posters here!! Be sure and post your info in the Getting to Know Us sticky, so we can get to know you better. And feel free to post some pics, too!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search