just made my sis in law happy...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2007, 12:14 PM
horses's Avatar Veteran
I am pregnant and due in November 20............since my youngest sister in law cannot get pregnant, we are letting her and her husband adopt. he/she stays in the family so I get to see the baby grow up and all. Made my sis in laws day. but I sure wished I could share the yucky tummy feelings.

April 24th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Super Mommy
That is so awesome. I hope it all works out for all of you. You are so brave and unselfish. Good Luck!!!

One of my babies I carried in my heart and one I carried under my heart...

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
April 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so wonderful! I hope that it works out beautifully for all of you. I agree that you are a strong, brave mom, and I admire your courage. Take care and please keep us posted!

my photog blog / my family blog
April 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
horses's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
That is so wonderful! I hope that it works out beautifully for all of you. I agree that you are a strong, brave mom, and I admire your courage. Take care and please keep us posted![/b]

Thanks
tomorrow is our first baby appt...to see NA's face(my sis in law) will be priceless
as my doctor says I have a good heart and I just started crying.
she says 72 hrs after baby is born we have to sign a paper to give our parental rights up..does that mean I get to spend time with him/her til I go home?
I am still trying to understand this.
oh and people won't try to start trouble for me and my kids will they?
or is this common for a couple to have the family they want and get pregnant (off birth control) and ask sis in law if she wants to adopt?
Sorry if I am sounding dumb but I just have questions ...lol
I do have a good heart and my hubby has too and we thought of NA

April 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
oh and people won't try to start trouble for me and my kids will they?[/b]
What kind of people? If it's a legal adoption, it doesn't really matter where the parents came from. Back in Biblical days before modern advancements in maternal medicine, families shared children all the time.
April 30th, 2007, 05:27 AM
horses's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
oh and people won't try to start trouble for me and my kids will they?[/b]
What kind of people? If it's a legal adoption, it doesn't really matter where the parents came from. Back in Biblical days before modern advancements in maternal medicine, families shared children all the time.
[/b]

i KNOW BUT PEOPLE (CERTAIN FAMILY MEMBERS TICK OFF or just plain nasty) is what bothers me a bit but hey you're right as long as it is legal they can''t try anything to wrong my family.

April 30th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Don't let it bother you. If this child sees tension in the family caused by the adoption, he/she will naturally blame him/herself for it. It's not the child's fault. Someday, you'll need to explain what happened, because if you plan to keep it a secret, I'm sure someone will screw it up for you. You need to explain that it was done out of love and sacrifice... not out of selfish intentions or something like that.
April 30th, 2007, 08:58 AM
horses's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Don't let it bother you. If this child sees tension in the family caused by the adoption, he/she will naturally blame him/herself for it. It's not the child's fault. Someday, you'll need to explain what happened, because if you plan to keep it a secret, I'm sure someone will screw it up for you. You need to explain that it was done out of love and sacrifice... not out of selfish intentions or something like that.[/b]

we are going to be open no secrets.
Gotto get ready now for it's 11:00, Sis in law is so excited she is picking me and my kids up at 11:30 to buy us lunch...lol....my appt is at 2:00.

April 30th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Tikka's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you are being very unselfish. One piece of advice though would be for you and your SO to consult an experienced adoption lawyer before signing anything. Some topics you may want to include is ensuring visitation, and the frequency of these visits. Also; what would happen if your sis-in-law were to move? Better to assume and be prepared for worst case scenarios than to think somewhere down the road "I should have thought of that"!

All the very best! :-)

August 18th, 2007, 04:56 PM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my, I had no ideal you had posted this sis. Yeah I finally joined the board. Let me assure all these women I won't be moving. I take care of my elderly mother and the two of us own the house we live in. We are going through a respectable attorney. I and my DH are honored and blessed to be able to have been asked to raise this child as our own. Words can never express the feelings that I have for these two people that have showed such unselfish desire, to have put the thoughts, needs and feelings of this unborn child above there own. The four of us my DH, myself, my brother and SIL have all stated that we will never hide the fact this child was adopted and we never will. When the time comes this special gift of a child will know it' has siblings and another set of parents. And when it is old enough and wants to know more than the four adults will sit down and talk to the child, so he or she will know all sides to this and why it was done.
August 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Hey! Welcome to the board! Glad to "meet" you. I remembered that post from a long time ago and wondered why it was bumped up to the top again. Glad you have you on the board.
August 19th, 2007, 07:20 AM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you so much BensMom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search