When did you decide?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2007, 08:36 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Have you always wanted to adopt, or did you start thinking about it because of a particular event (infertility, adoption of a family member, etc.)

I've always thought about it. The Bible commands us to care for the widows and fatherless, so what better way than to adopt a fatherless child?
May 15th, 2007, 03:05 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We thought about it very early on in our marriage and agreed that if we for some reason could not have biological children then when we certainly not hesitate to adopt. It took us four years and Clomid to have our first bio son, so when it came time to think of having a second child, we both felt strongly that we wanted to adopt rather than go through all that again. Then we met our friend's little girl from China, and knew FOR SURE that was what we wanted to do.

my photog blog / my family blog
May 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM
PrincessPrunella's Avatar Veteran
I had been thinkign about adooption for a few years but it was this year that both my Hubby and I decided to take the step step and adopt. We have just started the process.
May 18th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I have always wanted to adopt. Growing up I knew of many people that were adopted. To be honest I have always wanted my own children first though. Well DH and I have fertility problems and instead of moving on to IVF or more inseminations we have decided to adopt now instead of waiting. We are not giving up on our own but we really feel this is the right time to adopt.
I know many people think that adoption shouldn't be a "second choice" but for many it is the second choice when they can't have their own kids. I would rather people adopted the children that need homes as a "second choice' then not at all. We will still love them and care for them as much as if it were our first choice. My DH had never thought about adoption until we had fertility problems but now he can't wait to get it started and he's so excited about being able to adopt a child that needs a home. I know we will be good parents and whether it's a second choice or not I can't wait to welcome a child into our home and share our lives and love.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search