new here

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2007, 07:31 AM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to my4angels
I just thought I would drop in and introduce myself. I am a divorced mom of 4 and was actually adopted at the age of 4. all my life I wanted to adopted a child so that I could give love to an unwanted child the way my adopted parents did for me. My ex husband didnt feel the same way. He felt that if I wanted more children I should have them not adopt them. He never understood how I felt about this subject. I am now in a relationship with a wonderful man and we have talked about adopting in the future, af course after we are married and our lives are situated, between the two of us we have 6 children, so there are alot of other people to think about. I thought I would join this forum to maybe get some insite from people trying to adopt or that have adopted. So just dropping in to inroduce myself.
July 3rd, 2007, 08:48 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Welcome!! I haven't adopted yet either. It's just something I'm keeping in the back of my mind for now. My ob will only allow me to have 2 children. I'd like to have 4. Hopefully when my kids are around 10-ish we can adopt two more (siblings preferably) who are roughly the same age. Older kids are much harder to place than infants, but they're just as loved IMHO. I know that not all children are "unwanted" by their biological parents. Sometimes things happen that force them into adoption. A very dear friend of mine just adopted a 5 year old from Russia because the girl's parents couldn't afford her medical care. It broke their hearts to place her in an orphanage after doing their best for her for 5 years. I think many times it takes a great deal of love for a mother to place her child for adoption. It's a selfless act. I've learned that more and more by talking to the gals over on the birthmoms board.
July 8th, 2007, 01:10 PM
IrishMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I stop by here as often as I can!

My daughter is Micayla Rose we adopted her at birth.
We were connected with her birthmother from the very start, and got to go to all her appts.
I even got the chance to be in the delivery room, AND CUT THE CORD!

We were blessed that she was healthy THANK THE LORD and we could take her home the very next day.
She is now 7 mos and one week old.
Her adoption was finalized on June 27th!

We are starting the process up again for our second child towards the end of the summer, GOD willing we will have a sibling for Micayla soon!
Welcome!
Since I spend most of my time in my DDC and there isn't much action here, just PM me if you have any questions.

July 13th, 2007, 10:48 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to the group! I'm Marla, mom of 4 including 2 bio sons and 2 cuties from China. I wish you the best with whatever you decide and hope that you pop in often!

my photog blog / my family blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search