Full of Hope: Adoption!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM
monkhester
Hello, everyone. I started ttc in Feb 2005 at 43 and gave up at 45 and left the board in frustration and disgusted.

On July 24, 2007, a 2 1/2-year old bouncing baby boy dropped into our lap via DCS (Department of Children's Services). I was out of town when my husband informed me that our neighbor stole our car and left the baby at daycare. She was the baby's legal guardian since 4 months, parents in prison, and no other relatives wanted him.
I return home on July 22. I worried so much about the baby and where he was and how he was doing. I had terrible dreams all night. The first thing the next morning (our 2nd wedding anniversary), I made husband call the department and they gave us another name to call. So, I called her and asked her whether it was possible to see him (at least from afar). She told me that if we attend a meeting that they were having the next day concerning the baby and that we will talk about whether we can see him. So, husband and I attended the meeting the next day and the first thing that the supervisor asked was "Have you thought of adoption or long-term placement?" I was speechless; I didn't know what to say become to be honest I have thought of neither.

Anyway, by the end of the meeting, we had signed foster care papers with the hope of adoption. The next day they did the security check, and finally, the third day, the home study was done. We were supposed to have gotten him that night. Our caseworker left early for a 3-day vacation and another worker was supposed to deliver him that night. Of course we didn't get him until our caseworker returned on August 1. We got him around noon. We are so thrill and LOVE him to death.

Of course we have bridges to overcome, but we have a lot of people praying that everything will go smoothly. We own a one-bedroom condo, but we have to buy a larger place so that he can have his own room. It is not that easy to sell in this market and my husband and I are finding it hard to get financing. We have found a house in our neighborhood for 103k with 2 bedrooms and it is gorgeous. I love this neighborhood, it is a great place to live and raise a child.

Now, here is a picture of our beloved.....
<div align="center"></div>

August 17th, 2007, 09:26 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I hope it works out for you. If you have any questions about financing the move, you can come over to the financial planning board. We get mortgage questions over there all the time.
August 18th, 2007, 01:36 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
wow! I hope everything goes well. We adopted from the Dept. of Social Services so we know it can be a rollercoaster ride!

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
August 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what an incredible situation!! I hope everything works out for y'all, he is just adorable. Please keep us posted and welcome to the board!!

my photog blog / my family blog
August 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM
mrsgishie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mrsgishie
That is wonderful..! That little boy will have all the advantages he deserves now with a wonderful caring family. Congratulations!

Take Care
Rachel
DD Sarah Abbey born 9-8-04 (@ 34.3 wks, 5 lbs 1 oz. pre-eclampsia)</div><div align="center">DS Corbin Carroll born 6-29-06 (@ 35.3 wks, 6 lbs 3 oz. pre-eclampsia. emergency c-section)</div><div align="center"><span style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Medium">See MySpace</span></div>
<div align="center"> </div>
August 19th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
CONGRATS!! I don't know if you remember me from TTC or not , but Sandy (BlueEyes409) showed me this thread, and I have to come over and say congrats and best wishes. I'm so incredibly happy for your family!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 19th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness! I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!! And what a cutie he is! You so deserve this!!!!! You are going to be an awesome mommy. I am so glad that you both found one another.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search