Definatly want to adopt but have questions...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Regular
Well imma definatly adopt when I am married. I am not a mommy really but a 19 year old guy lol. But I want to adopt two kids. I want to adopt an asian girl and an albanian girl (i am albanian) I just do not know anything about adoption and I would like to be in the know and be prepared for when the time comes. I want the kids to be no older than two really when I adopt. How much would it cost (money for me doesnt really matter but id like to know). What the heck do I have to do since it is overseas i have no clue. One major concern is how long does it take? I heard years??? Sounds insane to me. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks!
August 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, hi and welcome! There are tons of adoption agencies that specialize in international adoption, and finding one would definitely be where you'd have to start the process. The cost will depend greatly on the country you adopt from, but just as a reference, our adoptions from China cost about $25K each. The length of the process also depends on the country, but I know that right now, adoptions from China are taking at least 18 months from the time the paperwork is completed to the time of referral. Most countries have minimum age and length of marriage requirements, so it'll obviously be a while before you could start the process, but I think it's great that you are thinking that far ahead.

my photog blog / my family blog
August 19th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Regular
Do you have any websites I can check out? Like that list agencies or something. I am looking to adopt a kid from Cambodia and Albania. Girls really but do you have any links that could help? I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! lol cheer lol
August 20th, 2007, 07:44 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, if you Google "international adoption agencies", you probably would come up with a ton of agencies, but here are a few I'm familiar with:

Holt International
All Gods Children
Childrens Hope International
Christian World Adoptions
Dillon International
Bethany
A Helping Hand
Faith Through International Adoptions

And for some good general adoption info, check out: adoption.com

my photog blog / my family blog
August 20th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Regular