Chinese Adoption

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
How long does Chinese adoption usually take (ballpark number)? A couple at church are trying to adopt an older girl (someone at least 2+ years old) and have had their paperwork in since Nov 06. They said it could be another YEAR before they hear something???
September 17th, 2007, 08:24 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, unfortunately, they're right. I believe current wait times for China are around 22-24 months from DTC (Dossier to China) to referral. The only way they could get a referral sooner is if they indicated that they were willing to accept special needs, or if they found a child on their agency's waiting child listing. There is a couple in my neighborhood who are waiting as well, and I feel for them. I wish it would speed back up like it was when we were in process.

my photog blog / my family blog
September 17th, 2007, 09:31 AM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just started the process for Korea and what I have heard from China is that it is easily 3+ years. Although China was our first choice, we chose not to wait that long.
September 17th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Quote:
We just started the process for Korea and what I have heard from China is that it is easily 3+ years. Although China was our first choice, we chose not to wait that long.[/b]
About how long is the process for Korea?

Quote:
We just started the process for Korea and what I have heard from China is that it is easily 3+ years. Although China was our first choice, we chose not to wait that long.[/b]

Quote:

September 17th, 2007, 12:20 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
Hey, girl! I haven't seen you in forever! Come back to the financial planning board and let us know what's going on with you.
September 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
The agencies claim about 12-18 from beginning to end. However, the math doesn't add up. Supposedly from time of dossier to referral is about 9-10 months and another 3-4 months until you travel. Unless your dossier gets completed in 8 weeks, which is highly unlikely, I would guess it is closer to 18-24 months.
We have heard anywhere from 3-4 years for China - which is so sad.

Quote:
Quote:
Hey, girl! I haven't seen you in forever! Come back to the financial planning board and let us know what's going on with you.
[/b]
Hiya, I have been lurking and learning. I just haven't had any intellectual to add lately. I will come crying back to the Financial Planning board when I try to figure out where to come up with 30K for this adoption.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search