What are you're plans for today?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2007, 09:12 AM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
<span style="color:#0000ff">I thought this would be kind of nice to have so that we can keep each other informed on what plans we have for the day. It can be an on going topic that you can post in every day.

Today I am nursing my cold that my loving DH decided to share with me, drinking hot lemon tea, with my trusting box of puffs beside me and my medications close at hand. This afternoon I have to take my oldest Furbaby (Milo) a dog into the vet. He was sick over the weekend but I want to get have his eyes looked at, to me they are starting to look a little cloudy.</span>
September 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm at home today with Jack, I kept him home from preschool because he has a super icky nose. He doesn't seem to feel bad, but I didn't think his teacher would appreciate having to deal with wiping his nose all day. My mom is getting her first dose of chemo today, so I am waiting to hear from her as to how it went. This afternoon, Jacey has to get her picture made for cheerleading, so we'll be doing hair and getting her all ready for that. I can't believe it is already Thursday! Where did this week go??

Quote:
Today I am nursing my cold that my loving DH decided to share with me, drinking hot lemon tea, with my trusting box of puffs beside me and my medications close at hand. This afternoon I have to take my oldest Furbaby (Milo) a dog into the vet. He was sick over the weekend but I want to get have his eyes looked at, to me they are starting to look a little cloudy.[/b]
I hope you and Milo are both feeling better soon!

my photog blog / my family blog
September 20th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks Marla.

I have to agree this week has went by fast.

You mentioned your mother getting her first dose of Chemo, may I be nosey and ask what for?
September 20th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Thanks Marla.

I have to agree this week has went by fast.

You mentioned your mother getting her first dose of Chemo, may I be nosey and ask what for?
[/b]
She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in June. She had a very successful surgery to remove the tumor in July and it doesn't seem to have spread, but they recommended chemo just to be sure. She'll only be getting one dose every other week, and they don't expect the side effects to be significant, but you never know how the body will react, so I'm anxious to see how she does with it.

September 20th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Quote:
She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in June. She had a very successful surgery to remove the tumor in July and it doesn't seem to have spread, but they recommended chemo just to be sure. She'll only be getting one dose every other week, and they don't expect the side effects to be significant, but you never know how the body will react, so I'm anxious to see how she does with it.[/b]

<span style="color:#ff00ff">I'm glad to hear her surgery was successful. And I'll keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I know to well the effects of chemo, see back in 2001 I lost my own father to Carcinoid Cancer it's a rare "slow moving" form of Neuroendocrine Cancer. Only thing is my father knew he had it for five years and didn't tell anyone or do anything about it. He was old school "don't talk about it and it'll go away".

By the time the family including my mother was told about it it was too late to do anything. We were notified in May of 2001 that it was terminal and he passed away August 23, 2001. He had over 19 tumors in his liver and they had no idea as to were it even started since his insides where so over taken with the tumors. </span>
September 20th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the prayers, her first treatment went just fine. She said she could kind of taste it (YUCK!), but that it didn't take as long as she thought and she even had a snack while she was there, lol. I'm so sorry about your dad. We just lost my MIL to brain cancer in July after she was diagnosed in April, so I know too well how devastating it can be.

My mom had breast cancer 26 years ago and refused chemo then because she didn't want to be more sick from the treatment than the cancer itself. Luckily, chemo has come a long way and is much more tolerable than it was back then (if you're on a milder drug, I know there are still some really aggressive ones that are harder to take). I'm just thankful that my mom's was discovered early and that her chances of recovery are better than most with her type of cancer.

September 20th, 2007, 04:01 PM
<span style="color:#ff00ff">I'm glad to hear that your mothers treatment went well. And that they caught it soon enought that it has a better chance at recovery.

<span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-family:Georgia">I just got back from taking Milo to the Veterinarians, what we feared is true. He has cataracts, which means he is slowly loosing his eye sight. The vet said that it looks like they are just beginning to develop right now his peripheral vision is cloudy and pretty much all shadow images.

Which explains why he's so short the little kids and Furbie (our cat & his best bud) when they walk up beside him and touch him. It's more him being scared than anything else. So for now we'll make due with him being a little clumsy as we come to terms that his time with us may very well be limited. That's gonna be hard on me since I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and here he is 11 and 1/2 years old.
</span></span></span>
September 21st, 2007, 02:04 PM
I and the hubby made a trip to Menards to get the materials to do the trim work in the new addition and the tile that we will be putting down in the closet and under the animals feed and water bowls. Once we get some of the work down most likely tomorrow I'll get some more pictures taken of the room and see about posting them.
September 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
Quote:
I and the hubby made a trip to Menards to get the materials to do the trim work in the new addition and the tile that we will be putting down in the closet and under the animals feed and water bowls. Once we get some of the work down most likely tomorrow I'll get some more pictures taken of the room and see about posting them.[/b]
Great, I can't wait to see pics!!

My day was pretty busy, I was at Jacey's school for most of it. I am the parent rep for all of the ESL (English as a Second Language) students at her school so I attend all the meetings with their parents and school officials. Then I had to do some shopping for birthday gifts for my dad and cousins dd, and it was grocery shopping day, as well. Now I'm just settling in with an ice cold Corona, a wedge of lime, and my new iMac. B) Tomorrow morning Jacey cheers at 11am, then we're celebrating my dad's birthday here at our house with some grilled burgers. YUM!

I hope y'all have a great weekend!

September 24th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Doing laundry today, need to take mom shopping sometime this morning. So I've got a full day, I also have to empty out the dishwasher.
September 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I've been trying to work with and on the carpet in there the last two days. I hope DH checks his cell phone after work and gets my message about picking me up some tack nails with heads on them. So I can use them to hold the carpet in place. One corner so far is pieced together with multiple pieces of carpet but it's not going to be in an area that is often seen so we aren't too worried about that.

We ended up with more carpet than we did carpet padding (but can't complain it was given to us at no cost) so some of it won't be padded but, I don't think that will hurt it either. With any luck at all I should be able to start moving our bedroom furniture into it starting this Sunday or next week. Than I get the fun of cleaning our old room thoroughly so it's all ready to be turned into a nursery.

<span style="color:#0000ff">
<span style="font-family:Lucida Calligraphy">Na
</span></span>
September 28th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Going shopping at Menards with hubby to get the last few pieces of wood trim we need and the stuff for the closet to get it finishe and than we get to start moving our bedroom furniture into the new room. Than we/I can cleaning the room that will soon be the nursery.
September 28th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Sounds like you're almost done!

This morning, I'm catching up on laundry and hanging with Jaden and Jack. Later we need to go to the library, drive thru the bank, return a movie to Blockbuster and go to the grocery store. Guess that's about all that's on my agenda for the day.

October 1st, 2007, 07:35 AM
Today I'm doing laundry, and pretty soon I have to take mom in for a doctor appointment and if I have some time left over this afternoon .. I'm going to do a little more work either organising our new bedroom or cleaning up in the soon to be Nursery.
October 1st, 2007, 03:49 PM
Tomorrow I have an early and busy day. I have to take my SIL to get her WIC at 9 am than I turn around and have to take her and the kids to our next baby appointment. I don't see myself getting much done tomorrow. Still waiting to hear when I can get into the chiropractors.
October 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Good luck at the appt!

October 2nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Good luck at the appt![/b]

Both Mom and baby are doing great baby is active a little to active for my SIL's liking but the doctor loves to hear that means the baby is healthy and active. She's right about 33 weeks along, we go back for our next appointment in two weeks on the 16th.

Oh yeah forgot to mention the doctor did state the baby is head down now.</span></span>
October 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Getting ready to get up off my fanny and start back to work on cleaning up our soon to be Nursery. Still have a lot of things that need moved out of there and into our new room but until my DH get's my shelves in there built I'm kind of at a stand still so I've been trying to do things that don't concern that.
October 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I had a double post the site and my computer kept giving me fits .. LOL.
October 4th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Good luck at the appt![/b]

I had a double post the site and my computer kept giving me fits .. LOL.[/b]
I have that problem sometimes too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search