Naomi!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2007, 06:11 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait to hear news from you today!!

my photog blog / my family blog
October 31st, 2007, 05:33 PM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
O.K. here is all the information since yesterday .. oh boy it's been a long two days for me.

On Tuesday we went to her regular 36 week check up and as far as her effacement goes not sure all the doctor said about that was "Oh boy" in a very shocked and stunned way. She's dialted to 3 cm, and if she hasn't had the baby by next Tuesday I'm sure we'll be going to the hospital than. As the doctor informed her if she had been sitting at 4 cm today she'd be going in for L&D today. Just thought I'd post this so in case I end up missing latter on this week you all would know what's possibly going on.

October 31 is officially week 37 for her.

Well at 10:30 last night a got a call I have to be at my brother and SIL's today at 10 am to get her and the two little ones come back here to the town I live in, drop off the kids at my brother Tim's. Stop home give mom her medications I have to pick up for her, than load the infant seat, diaper bag, and my over night or two bag. Than off to the hospital with SIL we may be looking at delivery day today. She's been uncomfortable all night with the feeling of something literally crawling out of her. My brother wants me to take her to the Knoxville Hospital have her checked out and if they think she's a keeper we'll be having baby really soon. She has been dealing with a tightening feeling off and on since this last weekend and that feeling is getting stronger.

O.K. after a very long day in the Hospital E.R. they sent us home. In a 45 minute span she had a few B.H. contractions and two real ones twenty minutes apart she's effaced to 50% and still only sitting at 3 cm. We were told she is in Labor just not active labor.

I just got back home from taking her and the kids back home poor Little Man was so upset he was having a blast at Uncle T and Aunt C's place. He fell asleep on the way home and when he woke up after we got him there he was so upset.

As it stands we are playing the waiting game, if her contractions (her tightening feeling she gets off and on) become more frequent she is to call her regular doctor, if her water breaks she's to call her doctor, and if she has major pains and pressure down below she's to call and then she will tell us whether we are to stop in at the office or go to the hospital.

As it stands that is where we are at. Much to both of ours dismay, she's anxious to hurry up and have this baby, as she says so I can have a good routine down dealing with the baby before the holidays hit.
November 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM
Good grief, what a crazy day! I know you must be on pins and needles waiting for that call. Good luck and I hope that baby decides to get here soon!!

November 1st, 2007, 09:49 AM
Thank you so much Marla, and yes very much but as long as baby stays put 24 more hours things will be a little less tense for us .. sorta .. LOL

Tomorrow shortly after or before lunch I'll be making a trip to go pick up my SIL and the two little ones and they'll be coming back here to stay with us till either she has her appointment on Tues or deliveries before than. At least if she's here there is a hospital 10 minutes away. And they do deliver in fact it's where my doctor works and he knows I'm adopting and he and about three other doctors deliver babies.

So this could be a very good thing .. oh yeah and contractions are now 15 minutes apart she's going to take it easy today and do nothing. She has to wait till my Brother's work check comes in the mail tomorrow so I can get her to the bank to deposit it so when the time comes he can get a plane ticket and get back to Iowa from Wyoming.
November 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
OK, I'm seriously dying for information from you!! Surely that baby is here by now?!?!?! Can't wait to hear!!

November 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I only wish that baby was here now too, so does my SIL she's so ready to be over with this pregnancy.

Sorry I've been MIA for a while and most likely will be for a little longer as it is I have my SIL and her two small children staying here just in case the baby decides to make an apperance a little sooner. Here is what we found out at her appoinment today.

As it stands my SIL is still at 3cm, and now effaced at 80%. Doctor says anytime, our next appointment is Next Tuesday the 13th, and depending how effaced she is than we'll go to the hospital if she makes it o.k. past the 13th, the induction date is set for the 14th at 8 am to break her water. Although there is still a chance we may have baby here before as she went from 45% to 80% in a weeks time.
November 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Hehe, you must be dying of anticipation! I know I am, I keep popping on to see if you've posted anything. Good luck, I hope everything goes well when that little one finally decides to make his/her appearance!

November 9th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Yes I'm dying to be able to sit and just cuddle with my little one, I am anxious to be able to hold him/her and just love him/her.
November 15th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
We're impatiently waiting for an update!!!

November 16th, 2007, 10:06 PM
November 14th, 2007 at 11:43 am a baby boy entered this world and forever in my heart. He weighed 8 pounds and 9 ounces and was 211/2 inches long. My SIL and her hubby named him Jesse James. Currently he is sleeping behind me it's about feeding time and after that it will be diaper duty and than off to his crib for him to bed for me. Photobuckect is being a pain so I can't post pictures currently. We are calling him Little Leo, since that will be his name once the adoption is finalized and none of us here want him to get confused.
November 17th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 17th, 2007, 07:25 AM
YAY!!!! A baby boy!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for y'all!!!!

Please post pics when you can, I can't wait to see him!!

November 17th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Now before he starts screaming I better get a bottle ready ... He's simply amazing ladies, I feel so blessed.
November 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
He's precious! Congrats again!

November 17th, 2007, 02:55 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
November 18th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Thank you ladies, now if I can just catch him with a gas smile and get a picture of that .. LOL it's so cute I know it's not a real smile but, I am content to just see that.
November 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Oh my goodness, he's just precious!! Congratulations again!!!!!!!

November 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Oh my goodness, he's just precious!! Congratulations again!!!!!!! [/b]

Thank you so much Marla, he's every thing I have ever dreamed of and more.
February 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM
It has been quiet some time since I posted here, a lot has happened since than. To start off with the court date to finalize the adoption is set for March 3rd, 2008. I can't wait for it to be finalized, and his name to be legally changed. We've had a falling out with my brother and his wife, since January. Due to a certain someone sticking there nose into things where it didn't belong. As it is I love being a first time mommy Leo is growing like a weed he goes in next month for his second round of shots. Well that's about it for now time to grab a bite to eat and than off to feed Leo.
April 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I'd love to hear an update from you again, Naomi, and of course see some new pics of little Leo! Hope the finalization went well!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search