Polish Adoption

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has ever adopted from Poland? Just checked out some info about it and it looks very confusing. I have a friend who visits Poland once a year and spends a lot of time at one of the orphanages in her town, and she is trying to get me a little info on it.

Thanks.
December 20th, 2007, 09:49 PM
krysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG!! I was so excited to see your topic. My husband is a Polish citizen and I lived there for a few years, had our wedding there. We have started discussing that if TTC doesn't work by next AUgust we will start the process for adopting from Poland.

I was looking at this agency's site, www.adoptionplususa.org that does Polish adoptions and they describe the process I thought very well. It doesn't seem too complicated if you read the pdf file linked to from near the bottom of the Polish adoptions page. It costs about $20,000 by their estimates. When you travel you either have to wait in Poland for 14-21 days before the adoption is finalized or make 2 trips. The 14-21 day appeal period is for any family to appeal the courts decision to grant adoption.

Are you planning on using an agency? I looked at a bunch of different ones today that have Polish programs.

Thank you *kiliki* for my siggie!!
December 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Regular
I live in Chicago where the Polish population is HUGE!!! Right now we are just gathering as much info on different options for adoption as we can. I thought of Poland because I work with a girl who goes back there once a year, and spends a lot of time at an orphanage helping out. She's always telling me about the kids there, so I asked her to check out some stuff for me about Polish adoptions. She gave me some info, and her sister (who is visting there right now) is going to ask the director of the orphange if she could give us some info, such as which agencies in the Chicago area work with Poland. So far haven't really found any. I'll check out that website, and I'll let you know if I find out anything different. $20,000 seems to be the average norm for pricing in international adoptions.

Thanks so much for info, and I'll try to keep you updated on what I find out!!!

Thanks.
December 21st, 2007, 04:47 PM
krysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard that Catholic Charities of Chicago does Polish adoptions. I read a blog of someone who used them and had a great experience. I'll try to find it again. You don't have to be Catholic to go through Catholic charities necessarily.

Thank you *kiliki* for my siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search