HELP!!!!!!!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM
kayk's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to kayk
Ok so i talked to our case worker today and she presented us with this child .... an infant due to be born in april 2008 he has been diagnosed with downs syndrom already .... all fees are being coverd by a donar through our agencey . what would you do if you were in my shoes???????
2 fur babies Hope(dog) Maggie(dog)
February 6th, 2008, 02:50 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't exactly know your shoes completely. But I can say that if it were me, I'd accept the child. That's a very personal decision though.

If you want to look closer into downs and such to know more of what to expect, ask your case worker or google agencies in your area that work with downs children and adults. Talk with them and see what you'd been facing if you decide to accept this child.

There are great Early Intervention programs in most states to help with development. There are also some great agencies that will help with later learning and growth. Tons of Downs adults are good contributing members of society because they had a family who fought for them, loved them, and helped them reach their full potential.

I'm a little passionate because I have a number of good friends with downs children. One is now actually grown and living and working on his own.

My prayers for you as you make this decision!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
February 6th, 2008, 06:52 PM
kayk's Avatar Member
well i am an older toddler teacher at a daycare in harrisburg so i have limit less resources for early intervention that is not the part i am questioning. bottom line i am wondering if this is god's wil for our lives if i say flat out no i totally close the door but if we say yes it leaves the door open for God to make the final decision of either our family or the other family that wants him. i don't want to mess this up!!!!
February 7th, 2008, 01:19 PM
ericahex's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a church representative who you can talk to? Some type of counselling available at church about this?

I can't guess what is God's will, but maybe someone in church can help you explore that.
February 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think anyone can answer the question if it is God's will or not except you and God.

I've been a minister in a church for 8 years now and I think if anyone were to ask me this I wouldn't be able to answer.

Ask yourself, what have you prayed for? What did you ask God for? What resources has He given you to help your children? What resources do you not have? Would you be the best family for this child because of those resources or lack there of?

And again, I will be praying for you as you decide.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
February 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM
kayk's Avatar Member
we have desided to go ahead and submit our homestudy!! i have been doing a lot of research in the mh mr office in our area and we have a lot of resources and a passion to see children with special needs get every chance they can to be strong productive members of society to reach their full potential!!! we are praying this is God's will. please ppray with us!! thanks in advance!
February 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
My son has Down Syndrome. He is wonderful. I would do it again.

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
February 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
kayk's Avatar Member
after this very long weekend of everyone telling us that this is not the child for us we have desided to pull our homestudy from this case. we will continue to wait for God to bless us with the right child for our life. thank you to everyone who was praying for us!
February 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
"Everybody" told us that my 2 oldest weren't for us and they were wrong.

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search