Adoption Attorney

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I just set up our appointment with a great adoption attorney. The reviews are amazing. I'm sure she'll cost a little more, but to have it done right and with compassion is what I'm wanting. Plus, it appears that since the adoption is uncontested it wont be as much to do the legal work for it. The appointment isn't for another week and a half, Feb. 21st @ 11:00 AM, but it is still scheduled! I am so happy. Things are really rolling together on this.

Plus, the first appointment for the pregnancy is going to be soon too. I am excited. I know that it will be just a basic appointment but it's still something I am looking forward to. It'll be nice to know a little more detail about things too.

I have been living on cloud nine since the moment I found out we are having a baby!
February 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
kayk's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to kayk
Great news!!! Hope all goes well and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS
2 fur babies Hope(dog) Maggie(dog)
February 12th, 2008, 08:13 PM
mighttyjomomma
Woohoo!! Glad to hear about the appointment!! Hope you'll keep us posted with it!!
February 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Well, today I ran into a friend that did an adoption through the same method we are. She gave me her attorney's name/information and said we have to use him, he is the best! So, I called and he returned my call. He is an awesome attorney. I actually spoke to him and not just a receptionist. He took information and what not and said he would be glad to take our case! He is so happy that we are offering a baby a great, loving home and a chance for a stable life. I think he truly cares and isn't all about the money. Actually, I know he's not all about the money. The rate he told me as a ball park for the adoptions he does was awesome, and I was floored because I thought it'd be at least twice the fee that he actually does. I am glad that we are going with him since I personally know someone who is very happy.

It's already started for us! It will be done as simple as possible and that's what we are all looking for!
February 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
mighttyjomomma
That is GREAT news!!! Did you cancel the other appointment?

When is your first prenatal going to be?
February 13th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Quote:
That is GREAT news!!! Did you cancel the other appointment?

When is your first prenatal going to be?[/b]

I'm canceling the other appointment tomorrow. Basically, I am just telling her that we were referred to another attorney that has handled a case just like ours before. Which, is true.

Well, we are hoping it will be Wednesday, her doctor is going to try and fit her in then. Otherwise, on Wednesday, we'll be given the date/time.
February 17th, 2008, 08:09 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
April 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Here's a little update...

Things are going pretty good. The BM is now 14.1 weeks, the baby is doing excellent too. Yesterday, we had an appointment and the heart rate was 153, plus we got an ultrasound and it was AMAZING to see the baby moving. His arm.. it was just so amazing!

On Friday March 28th we went to the ER because the BM was bleeding and having cramps. We feared the worse of course but thank God it was not a miscarriage! They diagnosed her with placenta previa, but it should correct itself. We found out yesterday that it's a partial placenta previa, the very tip is the only part near/by the cervix and cervix canals. That is excellent news! We have another appointment on April 29th @ 3:20 PM. At that appointment they are suppose to schedule the 20 week ultrasound.

We did the Intelligender urine gender prediction test, just for fun, and though it's 90% accurate in lab studies we realize that it might not be correct for us. However, if it is correc then we'll be having a boy! Whom we are planning to name Talon Kenneth (at this point anyway lol).

Things are coming along excellent though. Hubby and I are so excited and it's just so much nicer and easier this time than our last attempt in 2006. We're still praying for a healthy baby and that the placenta previa corrects itself and that no other complications arrise.

Here's a few photos I wanted to share.

Here's a belly graphic I made of BM's belly bump @ 10.5 weeks!

Here's the Intelligender test pic lol

Here's the belly bump @ 13.1 weeks!

And here is the ultrasound from yesterday, at 14 weeks!

And here is a picture of me, ever so happily holding the picture of *my* baby!

I'll try and keep updating here.. hopefully I wont have anymore issues with login.
April 13th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's soooooo great!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!
April 13th, 2008, 07:54 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, thanks so much for the update!! Good luck at the appt on the 29th and please keep us posted!

my photog blog / my family blog
April 20th, 2008, 01:23 AM
It does help. Though I am not happy that others have the issue (or one close to it) I am happy to hear that many that have had it, also have it correct itself. It makes things a little easier, so thank you for sharing that!
May 28th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone!

I know it's been some time since I've updated, but waiting on a pregnancy really is kind of boring and a slow process it seems! lol

But we have officially reached half way! BM is 20.5 weeks, to be 21 weeks this Friday! So time has passed and things are good. There hasn't been any more issues with the placenta and the doctor actually feels good about it being corrected/migrated. I am so happy about that!

The next appointment is June 4th. At that appointment they will be setting up the ultrasound appointment. Doctor wanted to wait, we didn't...so we compromised some what. It's being done later than we wanted, but sooner than he wanted. lol It's all good though. There may be a reason we have to wait, who knows. I'm just really curious to find out if the baby's a boy or a girl. I want to know!

We'll be doing stage two with the attorney sometime in July, most likely the end of July. I'm excited because the more we get done the closer we get to the end of it all. Soon we'll be parents! I'm so excited!!

I'll update as soon as I have news of some sort.
June 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are going so well, thanks for the update!!

my photog blog / my family blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search