Honey's MRI

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to hannybunny86
Hiya!

I got a phonecall earlier to say that the hosp can't do her MRI in June but they can do it on Saturday! Now I'm sooooooooo scared!

How will they give the anestethic? Can they give her gas at 8 months old??? I hope so, Its horrible when they have to put in a cannula and she's always traumatised for weeks.
April 15th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Hiya!

I got a phonecall earlier to say that the hosp can't do her MRI in June but they can do it on Saturday! Now I'm sooooooooo scared!

How will they give the anestethic? Can they give her gas at 8 months old??? I hope so, Its horrible when they have to put in a cannula and she's always traumatised for weeks.[/b]

My son had his first MRI when he was 6 months old and they just gave him chloryl hydrate, I rocked him to sleep and then they took him and did the MRI.

Good luck! Please let us know how it all goes.

Jenn
April 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For Alexis, both times she had an MRI done (one at 6 months, and 1 at 15 months) she had the catheter put in and it was IV sedation. The pedeatric anesthesiologist came in and put it in and hit in the first try and there was very little fuss. We got to hold her until she fell asleep and then they took her in for the MRI. The second time she had the MRI done, she had to have the catheter put in because after the MRI she was immediately going in for surgery to remove a hemangioma from her belly and had to have that in for surgery. It is very scary, but Honey will do beautifully. Just make sure to have the hydrocortisone on board if she needs it (or make sure that it is given before she is recovered).

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
April 16th, 2008, 10:27 AM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know... if it was an MRI or not but my ex's little boy had to have dye ran through his kidneys once, he was 2 almost 3... and they gave him a liquid sedative that knocked him out....

Good Luck!
I hope it goes smoothly for you guys!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search