Lily's eye surgery tomorrow

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Misvenus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Misvenus Send a message via MSN to Misvenus
Just so all you know if you didn't already. Lily has her eye surgery tomorrow at 8am. I will probably be home and Taking care of her. I won't be on much because my mom and Shawn will be home helping me take care of her. Please please please, keep her in your thoughts and prayers.. I would really appreciate it. Throughout the day today I will be cleaning her room and trying to keep it clutter free I am also going to set stuff up for her in her room to prepare her for her drops and if she gets sick. Its common in his family to be sick after the anesthesia. Although this will be a tough time, its just a bump in the road to her recovery. She still might have to do some Vision therapy.

My anxiety is through the roof today. I might have to take a Benadryl or something that will get me more relaxed. I am so nervous!!! I am more ready for it to be over with than the actual surgery. I trust that he will do a good job. But, 4 hours that will be there will be the longest 4 hours of my life. I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow! My mothers birthday is tomorrow too. I totally forgot that it was her birthday due to Lily's surgery. She understands though

Thanks for your support ladies.

June 24th, 2008, 05:49 PM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
Good Luck! Try and let us know how the surgery goes and if she has any effects from the anesthesia!
June 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keeping you guys in my T's and P's. Hopeing that she is in recovery now and feeling okay.

Oh, on a side note, if the doc doesn't tell you, don't freak about the blood red eyes. It does dissapear in a few days. When Alexis had hers done, I called her my devil child, lol. Also, make sure she doesn't rub her eyes, as after surgery it will feel gritty like there is sand in her eyes, so just use tylenol or advil to help relieve it.

Let us know how it went when you get a chance.
June 30th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Misvenus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Misvenus Send a message via MSN to Misvenus
SOrry it took forever!

Lily did fine. Her eyes were red on the sides now on her left eye its turning a bit yellow. Its scaring me a bit. But her DR. visit is today. She took to the anesthesia really well. I was so proud of her!! Thanks for the well wishes. I am super excited to see the results. Its like a new child I swear. She likes to get into more stuff now

June 30th, 2008, 08:41 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad everything went so well and that she came out beautifully. I hope things go well today at the Dr's appt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search