Update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2007, 05:57 PM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
We had Nathan's 5 week eye exam in Oklahoma City yesterday... he doesn't think Nathan's vision has improved much if at all in his left eye. He wants to continue patching and we will go back in May for our next visit.... we did get a new prescription though, but it is only slightly different... now we are waiting to see if our optical place her ein town can order us a pair of frames for him. He wears a size 35 right now but we need a 36... it took forever last time to get a size small enough for him to wear. Nathan is asking for sunglasses all the time now, lol. So we are going to try and either get him a pair of clip ons or a pair of prescription sunglasses if we have to!

He isn't on oxygen during the day anymore (yay!) but still has to wear it at night. I meant to post this earlier in the week but we had a lot of appointments this week! Just check ups and such. Next Wed. is our big appointment in Ft Worht to see the pulminologist and see what they have to say about Nathan. I have a 10 page questionaire to fill out before that visit about his medical history in the last 2 years!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sammie
March 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
We had our appointment yesterday morning at Cooks Children's... they did x-rays and a CF sweat test. His xrays showed his lungs were hyper-inflated (too much air in the lungs) and some of the air pockets were actually collapsed! She said it's amazing he is saturating at 97% when he is awake with all that going on... the hyperinflation and the collapsed pockets are probably still residual leftovers from his bout with RSV.... and will hopefully go away completely. She said he definitely has something *chronic* going on with his lungs to be getting so many upper-respiratory infections and pneumonia so easily. So right now we are going to start using a FLOVENT inhaler 2 puffs 2x a day for (ever) *a very long time*.... plus for the next two weeks he is to get an albuterol treatment with his nebulizer once in the morning and once in the evening and after each treatment I have this little cup thingy to beat on his chest (front and back) in about 8 different areas, I'm supposed to spend 2 minutes on each area to try and break up some of the mucus left over in there....
The CF sweat test he was not happy about... they hooked up electrodes to his forearm and bicep that stimulated the muscle (like one of those belts you wear to do sit ups for you?) So he cried the whole time, I'm sure something making his muscles jerk did feel odd to him... then they stuck a sweat collectot on his arm and wrapped it in saranwrap and then an ace bandage to help him sweat and we waited for 35 minutes.... we should get the results of the sweat test back tomm sometime....
We will try our new medications and all until his next appointment in June unless he gets sick with an upper respiratory infection between now and then... if he does we call them and we will have to go back.. so maybe some of this will work...
We took him to the zoo afterwards and he had a blast and slept the whole 2 hour drive home!

The doctor called this morning and his sweat test for cystic fibrosis came back negative! So that is one thing we don't have to worry about at least!
We started his new routine this morning, and the only thing he isn't too happy about is having to sit still for me while I do the chest physiotherapy for 20 minutes....
March 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Offlikeapromdress
im sooo glad to hear that about the CF!!!!!

3 angels, and a baby due December 08!
March 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM
you and me both! lol. We go into pediatrics for a check up tomm. We finally got his new glasses in today. Took 2 weeks this time! I'll be glad when he grows and we can just walk in get a pair and walk out! lol

Sammie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search