We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I would like this time to post a few questions for everyone to answer so we are all able to get to know each other better. I haven't been on JM all that long, so I especially would like to get to know everyone on this board.
1. What's your name?
2. How old are you?
3. How many kids do you have?
4. What are their names?
5. Which child was diagnosed with a visual impairment and name of diagnosis?
6. How severe is the visual impairment?
7. Any other diagnoses?
9. Do you work outside the home, and if yes what do you do?
10. How old are your kids?
11. What board are you most active at on JM?
13. Anything else you would like to add.....
3. 1 right now, wnat more after dh graduates from college
5. Alexis - septo-optic dysplasia, sever nearsightedness
6. She has about 3-5 functional vision
7. Autism disorder, moderate MR, growth hormone deficiency, adrenal insufficiency, feeding disorder, global developmental delays, possible slow developing hydrocephalus
8. Married to dh Nathan
9. work as a research technician for University at Buffalo Foundation
11. VI children and learning disabiliteis/special ed
12. Reading, writing poetry (though not in a while), volleyball, spending time with family, cross stitch
13. ummm..... maybe add some later
<div align="center">Thanks Alison's Mommy, SillyMama, Katarina and samylaine for my blinkies.</div>
3. How many kids do you have? Nathan is our only living child. He was a twin, his twin Noah passed away when they were 12 days old.
4. What are their names? Nathan Laine and Noah Allen
5. Which child was diagnosed with a visual impairment and name of diagnosis? Nathan, ROP (retinopathy of prematurity)
6. How severe is the visual impairment? severe enough we go for a check up every 6 weeks and he still runs the risk of retinal detachment if the surgeries don't hold.
7. Any other diagnoses? BPD (Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia), Asthma, developmental delays
8. Married/Single/SO? married since October 29th,1999
9. Do you work outside the home, and if yes what do you do? no
10. How old are your kids? 3
11. What board are you most active at on JM? this one
12. Interest/hobbies? iinternet, and reading... if anyone loves reading as much as I do, come to shelfari! It's kind of like myspace but all about books, you build a virtual bookshelf and can lok at others!