Airforce Mom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2007, 08:56 PM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
Where are you guys stationed at? And what does your hubby do? Mine is retired Airforce, lol.retired last year.
October 29th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah, how is retired life? What did he do? Where ya been?

We are currently stationed at Offutt AFB in Nebraska and LOVE it! We have another 2 years left in this assignment with 1 of them where he will most likely be in Iraq/Afgan and then it looks like we may be going to Ellsworth AFB, SD.

Hubby is in Finance and currently services recruiters in 8 different states but next year is moving back to base level where he will work with general pop. again.

P.S. I hate that Tri-Care doesn't pay for glasses!!!!

October 30th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Randy spent his first 6 years as an F-16 crew chief, then all the rest were as an instructor (for F-16's) at Sheppard AFB.
Yeah tricare can suck on some things, lol. We have it and another insurance now thank goodness.... but they did pay for Nathan's first pair of glasses. It says they cover them in *some* circumstances, and I guess since they had so much informatino on Nathan being premature and having the laser surgery on both eyes they did cover them for us, this year our second insurance kicked in though so we won't have to worry about them
October 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome they paid for them ~ I've always paid out of pocket for my glasses/contacts but I'm nervous about glasses for him b/c he is rough with just about everything, lol...kwim?

October 30th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. My friend has a little boy who is 6 and he broke 2 pair in 2 weeks! I told her to get the EasyTwist ones or the Flexon Titanium ones, they twist and twist! I think the easy twist ones you can actually wrap around your finger! And they look like regular wire framed glasses! They just cost alot more, but it's worth it I guess instead of buying so many pair like she did!
October 30th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yikes!!!!!!! I am def going to look into those!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search