Changing Schedules

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2008, 06:38 PM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
Last thursday when I picked Nathan up from school to go get his allergy shot, his teacher and vision therapist were waiting for me!
They asked if instead of him going to the 830-1130 am class, they could switch him to the 1230-330 class there at the PPCD.
I told them it really didn't make a difference to me because I am a SAHM so my schedule is pretty open.
They said when school started there were only 3 kids in the class including Nathan because they have to be 3 to start. Now there are around 11 kids there but most of them JUST turned 3, and Nathan turned 3 last June. They want to put him in the 4 yr old afternoon class because they think he will get more out of it.. he is too smart to keep in the morning class they said. (I agree, he is learning to read and showing an interest in writing letters and his name now!)

So tomm we will start our new routine which is still shaky! lol
We get to sleep in which he will love, he hates getting up early. BUT, he normally takes a nap at 1 pm every day and he will be at school then so they may have to deal with some crankiness....
I am trying to keep him up til 11 tonight with me and see how it goes?
January 14th, 2008, 10:05 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, and kids are surprising. I was expecting Alexis to have much more trouble than she did in her transitioning from one school to the other, and she did it with little fuss, so Nathan might just surprise you. He may even like going more if hes getting more out of the class. Let us know how it goes.
January 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
he liked it today.. he really likes eating lunch in the cafeteria, lol. It's all he talked about!
When the bus got here this afternoon he was asleep! So so far so good!
January 15th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'm glad his first day went well and he enjoyed it.
January 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
The new schedule still seems to be going well! He just sleep son the bus every day! lol.
January 23rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
I'm glad he still seems to be doing well. Alexis used to sleep on the bus a lot too when she was the last one off, now she's the first and less than 2 minutes from our house, so no chance to sleep. lol.
January 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
well he gets out of school at 330 and most days he gets dropped off at 345 give or take... somedays he doesn't wake up and sleeps til around 5....
January 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Wow, lucky you, on the very rare occasions that Alexis takes a nap (she stopped taking them when she was 11 months old), if you wake her up or move her from place to place, she won't go back to sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search