Delays?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2008, 10:30 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your child's VI affect him in other ways? Are there any other developmental delays related to the VI?
February 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
Nathan's balance and coordination are off... and they say it *could* be related to the vision issues making him unsure of himself.. but they don't know.
February 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM
A lot of Alexis delays are related to her vision (she also lacks depth perception, so that creates some problems) but she also has autistic tendencies (diagnosed autism, but don't think its the same cause in her cause, though the end result is the same) and mod. MR, so we can't say for sure how much is related to her VI.
February 12th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to hannybunny86
Honey is showin signs of being delayed more and more as she and her fellow baby friends grow and develop, she's about right with things like eating, sleeping, sitting and rolling but still doesn't grab out too much, and doesn't track of make eye contact. At the moment we really don't know how effected she will be.

Just waitin for the comments and questions to start rollin in in public.
February 14th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I hated the waiting, especially since her, there has to be a certain percentage of delays (at least in other areas besides vision, if there is a VI diagnosis, they can usually get services) before other services will start. Alexis was on track with PT until about 12 months, and then her services started at 15 months (took that long for evals and coordinating services and providers plus getting the approval for it), OT until about the same time and then special ed was added at about 18 mo to 2yrs. I hate the waiting, I wish, especially in VI kids, that these services were provided as well to prevent them from becoming delayed.
March 1st, 2008, 06:35 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Does your child's VI affect him in other ways? Are there any other developmental delays related to the VI?[/b]
Well they said my son doesn't really have good depth perception, and I just recently found out that his gross motor skills are a little behind, he is also clumbsy... (walking into things, tripping) I'm not sure if all this is vision related.. I know the depth perception is because the eye doctor herself, said that.

March 1st, 2008, 06:59 AM
Well the walking into the things and tripping over things could definately be related to the depth perception. I know Alexis has depth perception problems as well, and cant judge how close to things she is, so she does the same things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search