Wednsday Wonders

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is something that your child has done lately that has just made you shake you head in wonder?
February 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
hmm thats a hard one, lol. i really don't know. he does so much that makes me do that! Like at his lessons yesterday...
they have all kinds of musical instruments hanging on the wall and he says *Look at all those instruments!*
She said do you know what they are? He pointed and told her:

clarinet
harp
tuba
trombone
violin
flute
trumpet
saxaphone

i didnt know he knew the names and could recognize all of them, lol.
February 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Quote:
What is something that your child has done lately that has just made you shake you head in wonder?[/b]

Joshua is SUCH a lovey baby. The twins are, but not like Joshua. He always lays his head on me and hugs me and kisses me. He is sucha mommy and daddys boy latley, if we are not around, he is really upset. He will throw things in the garbage for me now WHOO HOOO. and he always say bye bye and walks to the door and trys to open it. He has always been slower then the twins physically and emotionally (NEVER made eye contact and was breastfed) so he is starting to do things now that are showing me he is growing.

BTW, as for pics, he gets his glasses next week. My daughter Elizabeth threw my camera in the toilet 2 weeks ago and it no longer works, so next week when I get my taxes back (whoo hoo) I am buying a new one. So they shall be here ASAP.
February 20th, 2008, 01:29 PM
OHH how sweet is Joshua. I love it when Alexis does something like that, she really has trouble with eye contact and iniatiating conversations (even just saying hello), so when she does it I am super excited. But what has really been throwing me for loop is that she is trying to teach herself Beethoven's Fur Elise on the piano!!! She's really starting to get the hang of at least the intro part of it. Completely blows my mind.
February 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Quote:
OHH how sweet is Joshua. I love it when Alexis does something like that, she really has trouble with eye contact and iniatiating conversations (even just saying hello), so when she does it I am super excited. But what has really been throwing me for loop is that she is trying to teach herself Beethoven's Fur Elise on the piano!!! She's really starting to get the hang of at least the intro part of it. Completely blows my mind.[/b]

Awww~! HOw old is she again? Joshua LOVES music. Way more then my other two. I plan on having my kids take some sort of a music lesson in a few years. I think it does alot of confindance. Im posting pics in a minute if I can figure out how. Without glasses of course.
February 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
some people do better playing by ear than being taught! I knew a boy growing up, he was the older brother of a friend of ours and he played the piano in church and never had a lesson in his life... but he could play anything he heard. It was amazing!
February 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Quote:
some people do better playing by ear than being taught! I knew a boy growing up, he was the older brother of a friend of ours and he played the piano in church and never had a lesson in his life... but he could play anything he heard. It was amazing![/b]
An older women at our church plays and writes music on the piano and has never had a lesson and she doesnt read notes. Its amazing! My sister also plays and has never had lessons. She sings, does guitar and piano with no lessons.
February 20th, 2008, 08:36 PM
JennO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am still trying to understand what is going on with Joel... My wonder is, WHAT can he see? Or how does it look? He really tilts his head sometimes or shakes his head back and forth. I just wonder what is going on... I guess only time will tell!
JennO

February 21st, 2008, 10:37 AM
We went through that with Alexis for the longest time. ONly once she started speaking, did we get a clue. She knows her colors and such, but she lacks depth perception so I know things look kinda flat to her. Also, once she learned her alphabet and some shapes, we were able to actually get an idea of how far she can see. It sucks, not knowing, but you're right only time will tell.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search