Our BIG News

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
Saturday night we saw him sitting on the couch, holding one of his Level 1 I Can Read Books and he was moving his lips...
So we decided to see if he was reading or making up a story to the pictures? He read every word to us as we pointed to them!
Sunday morning I went and bought 2 more books, just to really make sure myself it wasn't memorization... and he READ them! There were a few words he didn't know, he said COLD for the word COULD... and didn't know the word SOLVE. But he knew every other word in there including the words mystery and aquarium! It's just awesome! He is too smart... now if we were just potty trained.....

I'm so happy for him that he can read! I could read before I was 4 and so could my sister... and I still LOVE reading. I just hope his ROP never rears it's ugly head again!
</span>
March 10th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Congratulations! How exciting! I cant wait till mine can read! Good boy!
March 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful, exciting, news. How proud you guys must be.

Oh and for potty training, as long as they are potty training by K, its usually not a big deal. But what we did with Alexis was start with no diaper, just underwear, and then we just sat in the bathroom, no toys, no books, no nothing, until she peed on the potty from start to finish. We she did, we got a 30 minute break, and then we went back in the potty. She got bored real quick, so she learned to use the potty. Now we just need her to use someone else's potty, lol. And she just started to tell us she has to go. Still having trouble with pooping.
March 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
well Nathan will go potty any time we tell him to.. he just won't do it on his own? And we have to be specific.. we have to tell him to go pee or go poop.. cause if we just say go potty, he will go pee, and then poop in his pants...
March 12th, 2008, 09:02 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol that is too funny. I wish I could get Alexis to poop on the potty if I tell her to. She wont though and she only does if we get lucky enough to put her on there when she has to go.
March 27th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
We used shrek ogre sized m&M's. and left him nakey during the entire school vacation. (he has been in special needs pre-k since he was 3) I had a lot of people telling me if he doesnt get it in two days he isn't ready yet, but I figured he takes three times as long to learn anything than any other normal kids, so maybe this is the same way. And it took a week and a half, and he is a pro now. I have no idea how he learned to poop on the potty he just stopped doing it in his pants a month later, LOL

Potty trained at 5 year old, Then we just had to train him that he can't have M&M's for the rest of his life when he pees. btu once the bag was empty we just left the empty bag on the back of the toilet and he figured it out.
March 27th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Well he has been in underwear for 2 days now... even at night.. but it is still us telling him WHEN to go, lol.
All the other preemie moms who had babies at 24-26 weeks none of theirs were fully potty trained til 4 and a half... so if that's the case we have another year to go!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search