Growth Hormones

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Visually Impaired Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to hannybunny86
Hiya! Honey has to go on growth hormones from next week. She's 61.5cm (2'0" to you Americans! LOL) and at 7 months thats not too good. She's plummetted off her centile chart and hasn't grown at all in a couple of months. Annoys me that they've only just flagged it up though! They really should have seen it coming!

Seeing Vision Teacher 2moro so that's a positive! Can't wait!

Think we've found our next house!!!!!! It's back on the same estate as we lived before and is a nice 3 bed semi with a nice garden, best of all it's modern... No Damp! No Single Glazing! No Draughty Vents! No Skanky Bathroom! And a garden that isn't dangerous!!! YIPPEEEEE bring on May when we can move!
March 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry to here about the growth hormone, but its not a bad thing in the end. Make sure you ask them about automatic injectors. Alexis has one. All we do is load the syringe into it, push a button and the syringe is automaticly injected into the skin. No need to try to do it yourself and wonder too much, too little. Alexis doesn't even flinch when we give her hers. Not even the first time we gave her her shot. It is a godsend. Alexis wasn't diagnosed with hers until she was 3. She was off the charts (well in the 3-5%) but her height/weight ratio was great, so they never pushed the issue.

And congrats on the new place. It sounds amazing. Too bad we can't get May here sooner. I want to plant my garden in front of the house soon.
March 12th, 2008, 07:24 PM
FYI, you may want to give the GH first thing in the morning. We figured out that was why Alexis wasn't sleeping for us. We used to give it to her at night and then she would only sleep 3-4 hours and be up the rest of the night. Her endo said no it wont cause her sleep problems, but guess what !!! They were wrong. Within a week of switching her shot to the morning she was sleeping again. Just food for thought, dont want you to have to deal with that. It really sucks.
March 13th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Regular

Hello, glad they are moving on with Honey.... the house sounds lovely though, we moved from damp to no damp, it's wonderful and as for a garden, i think that's always a lovely bonus for young children, i am looking forward to zachariah being old enough to play in ours. Good luck i hope the move goes well.
Zachariah still not got much interest in things yet but we still have another month before he's seen again so fingers crossed, i'm getting a bit frustrated at the moment though as we are staying with in laws for a while and i feel its meant i haven't been able to give zachariah's eyes enough attentjon what with excessive granny cuddle ans a lack of toys!

forgot to ask how did vista go?
March 13th, 2008, 01:31 PM
samylaine's Avatar Super Mommy
I've heard of some of the other preemie moms talk about them...
No one has ever mentioned them for Nathan though. He is almost 4, weighs about 27 pounds and is about 3 foot 1 inch tall....
March 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to hannybunny86
Quote:
I've heard of some of the other preemie moms talk about them...
No one has ever mentioned them for Nathan though. He is almost 4, weighs about 27 pounds and is about 3 foot 1 inch tall....[/b]

What, growth hormone shots?

Katkoota... why dya have a lack of toys? can you borrow them from friends? Get them from charity shops? You could get some cool contrasty fabric n make ur own. ebay's always good, pick up job lots pretty cheap. I read that people's faces r great for newborns to stare at so I'd try not to worry abt the cuddles! We lived with my inlaws when we had our ds now 2, it was great of them but u really need ur own space dont u, drove us crazy!
Vista was AMAZING!!!! Really showed me up! She played with Honey in ways I'd never thought of, like when Honey dropped a toy she'd jingle it where it fell so she could listen to it gettin closer, try n work out where it was n know it hadnt gone. She's been a different baby since, just grabbin everything n wont sleep! Doesnt wana miss nefin!!! Cutie!
We viewed that house agn and we've taken it, subject to refs etc, money money money!

Yeah, read your topic abt the shots, is there a reason they want u 2 do em at nite? If not I'll def do it in the mornin. Yeah, we've gotta go choose one of 4 pens on tues. Hope she doesn't mind it, she's so terrified of the blood bein taken!
March 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
There was no real reason why we did them at night other than it was easier for us, and not part of the crazy hectic morning routine. We made it part of the bedtime routine because it was like I said easier and less hectic. Plus, her first shot was given at 4:30 and they say its best to give them at the same time (+/- an hour every day). So there is no reason why it has to be nighttime.

I was really worried that she would through a fit with getting her shots, but it is really nothing like getting blood taken. When we started I would kiss and nibble where I would give the shot to distract her and with the automatic injector, there really isn't a lot of pain. I alsways give her a warning first now. Plus she knows when I swab with the alcohol swab the shot is coming. The only place she doesn't like getting her shot is in the arms. She barely has any fat so there isn't a lot of SQ space so sometimes it gets into her muscle and that hurts a bit. But other than that she is beautiful. She will say time for your shot when I do the alcohol swab and then she'll say ready. And then I give it to her. So it goes very well.
March 15th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Regular
no, no, no, i have lots of toys, but they are mainly at home as we were only down for a couple of days which ended up being extended as fil ill, but am back next week and in the mean time shaking a few rattles and shiny stuff at him. i don't think faces are working as with dvm i'm pretty sure all they can see is light and reflection, he doesn't smile yet and just over 3 months. A litte worrying as i would have expected something by now but they do say it's just like a flick of a switch when they do eventually start seeing and no no build up (assuming it is dvm )

Glad vista went well, sounds like it was exciting to both you and honey. Good luck with the house, bet you can't wait.... you already decided on decoration heehee.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search