Polycystic ovaries

The Two Week Wait Escape

Come on in to help pass the time until you test!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Two Week Wait Escape LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Hi all, I'm new here... Was wondering if you could share your experience with having polycystic ovaries and getting pregnant. I've had PCOS for years but only started trying to conceive now (I'm 27 yrs old). I don't think it's a full-blown case because I never got acne or any male-like symptoms... But I've always had irregular periods. I went to my gynae a few days ago & he said that I definitely have lots of cysts in my ovaries BUT I happened to be ovulating at the time. He said that the fact that I ovulate means there shouldn't be a problem. But then he also warned me to start trying for a family as soon as possible because time is of the essence & you never know with PCOS A few yrs ago another gynae had told me that getting pregnant could be difficult

We were actually going to start trying later on in the year but now I'm completely freaked out..

I was also reading something about an increase in chance of miscarriage in women with PCOS...Any thoughts/ experiences?!

I feel like I have no one to talk to because this is something so personal. My husband is 100% supportive but he tries to be very practical about it all and doesn't want to stress over it for now since we haven't even started trying properly yet.
January 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
mummy2jade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mummy2jade
Hi i just wanted to say both me and my sister have pcos. My sister has 6 kids and i have 4. I struggled to concieve my 1st but the other 3 just happened without even trying. I even got caught with my 5th recently and dd was only 9 months at the time but sadly misscarried that one.
Good luck and hope you arnt waiting too long for your baby xx

Tags
pcos , polycystic ovaries

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search