4 Days Late....

The Two Week Wait Escape

Come on in to help pass the time until you test!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Two Week Wait Escape LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 02:05 PM
So, I'm on day 32 of my cycle with no AF. My cycles are usually 28 days and have been running like clockwork for almost a year. I get some cramping before AF and normally spot about three days before (usually day 25 or 26) with a little bit of nausea, sore breasts, and fatigue. Then I start with absolute horrible cramps.

This cycle I felt the normal cramps and sore breasts, but had more nausea than the usual one or two days. Almost for the whole week before AF was due I felt sick. When I didn't spot when I was expecting to, I started to think something was up. What really threw me for a loop was when I opened our jar of minced garlic was overcome by the smell. It smelled horribly rancid, and I usually love the smell of garlic. I got a set of two pregnancy tests, just in case, and took one the day after AF was due, but hadn't arrived. I thought I saw an extremely faint and thin positive line, but it was so light I think it's possible I was imagining it. I thought I saw it around the two minute mark, but then it seemed like it disappeared as the time ticked on (still within the 2-10 minute window). I held it up to the light, so it could shine through the results window, but I couldn't see the positive line that I had just sworn I saw so faintly...

My hubby and I had unprotected sex on day 11 and my estimated ovulation day usually falls on day 14 or 15.

In the past 4 days I've had light cramping, a general heaviness feeling where my uterus is, and on and off sickness. I've also had some light spotting over the past two days, lighter than my usual pre-AF spotting. Is this just crazy pms and a late period? I am going out of town for two weeks starting this weekend and would love to know if I really am pregnant or not before I leave. Is it too soon to take the other test? Should I wait a few more days? I would hate to waste a test, only to start AF. It feel like I'm going to, with the cramping and heaviness, but I've also read these are common symptoms of early pregnancy, too. I'm 17 dpo.

Anyone else that is a normal spotter before AF, not spot when the usually do when they were pregnant?

Last edited by cr4zybe4utifu1; April 9th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
April 10th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Even though there's no replies, thought I'd post an update. Took another test this morning (18 dpo) when I saw there was no new spotting and AF still hadn't come. It came out as a negative, no faint positive line at all.

Last night I felt really sick, though during the day I felt okay for the most part. Today I feel a bit sick with a headache, have some cramps, and this afternoon I spotted a larger amount of brown. I'm just so confused. Is it the start of my period? Just more spotting?
April 10th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Hostile Uterus
Hi there!

I just had the same situation prior to posting here. I am 7 days late which never happens to me for the longest time and felt a lot of pregnancy symptoms only to wake up today with bleeding and severe cramping. I never tested so I wouldn't know if I am pregnant or not. I went to see my doctor today to conclude whether if it's AF or First Trimester Bleeding and was advised to have my blood tested tomorrow morning.

I suggest that you do the same to confirm pregnancy because sometimes stress and anxiety cause delayed AF.

I hope you see two pink lines soon. Cheers and baby dust to you!
April 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Let me know how your test results come out! I'm excited for you, and I hope you get the news you want to hear!

I haven't been stressed lately, though I have been a bit on the anxious side since AF hasn't showed up. I've also kept with the same exercise regime as I normally do, my weight has been steady, no medications...I can't think of a reason it would be late.

We also do not have health insurance, so I am a bit worried about finances if it turns out I am pregnant. We are self-employed. I am going to call our local health department if I get a BFP about what kind of options I have available for resources.
April 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Very early this morning, which would be day 6 of being late for AF, I woke up crying in my sleep and in terrible pain from cramps. I went down to the bathroom and when I sat down on the toilet a lot of bright red blood came out. At least it seemed like a lot. I didn't notice any clots. Later this afternoon when I emptied out my menstrual cup there was more red blood and two (larger than average size for me) clots. I poked them around in the water a bit, but I didn't notice any gray tissue. I still have some cramps, but nothing like how they were this morning. I even took three tylenol, and I never take pain relievers for my cramps.

I'm not really sure what happened this month, but I'm pretty sure this means I'm not pregnant. What caused AF to be almost a week late? Nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. I haven't had anything occur that's listed as common causes of late periods. Is it possible I had an extremely early miscarriage?

Last edited by cr4zybe4utifu1; April 11th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search