Advice Needed

The Two Week Wait Escape

Come on in to help pass the time until you test!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Two Week Wait Escape LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM
hey..this is my first post, however, I have been following other postings for 3 months now. my name is kimberly and i am 35. i have been married for 12 years. 10 years ago i had a surprise miscarriage (didn't know i was pregnant.) i am overweight and have been diagnosed with PCOS. My periods were never regular from puberty on and i've had several drs tell me that I was unovulatory and couldn't ever have children. so the mc was a complete surprise and it really affected me. for about 2 years afterwards i couldn't look at a baby commercial without crying. it was just recently (a few months ago) that i threw away the journal i kept during that time. my husband has been great and supportive. over the years there has been many, many neg hpts. always hoping one day it would be pos. so, we are now in the present. i knew that my chances of getting preg after 35 were low, so a year and a half ago i got the lapband. i've lost 85 lbs, hoping each month that by losing weight will help me get preg. I still have about 80 left to lose to obtain my 'ideal' weight so technically im still considered obese. 3 months ago i started fertility treatments with clomid and estrace. 1st 2 didn't take. Now i am in the 3rd cycle. currently 11 dpo and doing the dreaded 2 wk wait. my husband has a good feeling about this one. i ovulated on my own this time and we DTD many times before and after ovulation. he has a 6th sense when he gets this 'feeling' regarding things and a good % of the time he's right. But the reason why i'm posting is because i don't know what i should be feeling right now. i don't 'feel' pregnant. i have been googling signs and symptoms and reading what others post. i have had the occasional cramping (sometimes it was really intense other times just kinda achy) then it went away..now im having the occasional breast tenderness (sometimes really tender,) but im also taking progesterone so i don't know if it is the medicine. Sorry this is so long. just needed to get a few things out. Any thoughts?

Well...I took a hpt..it was pos...BUT...I'm still going to wait until my drs appt next mon to start the celebrating. I have been experiencing new symptoms lately. I have been reading that most preg woman get constipation, but I have had diarrhea since I took the test. I have been reading that it is caused by too much progesterone in my body. This is different from the other 2 cycles. Let's hope this is a good sign! Thank you for the kind words.

Last edited by kimie276; December 13th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: updating
December 8th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Well, first of all I am sorry for you loss and congratulations on steps in the weight loss. I was on progesterone with my last pregnancy and it did give me pregnancy symptoms, but then I did end up being pregnant. With my other pregnancies, i didn't feel too much before the bfp. The occasional breast twinge and tenderness, some cramping and/or backache and some fatigue. If you are 11 dpo, you may be able to test now, but if you get a bfn, i wouldn't count yourself out. You can get a bfp right up until af shows. I wish you all the best and continued success

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
December 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Veteran
Hi kimmie 276 i am a bigger girl too and my dr told me i was too fat to get pregnant and guess what i got a bfp a month later so just pray cause it will happen when the lord wants it to i am praying for you good luck girl and congrats on the weight loss i been doing weight watchers. . . First time i got preg i was weight watchers and now started it again and i am hoping for another bfp

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search