Exchange being started...

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2004, 07:57 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
I've been wanting to set an exchange up...This would have nothing to do with JustMommies as a site. Just something that I'd like to do...

I love getting things in the mail!!

So I was thinking...Being pregnant...I'm often sleepy and in need of relaxation. My favorite way to relax is by taking a nice warm bath...But I have no bubbles!!

How about a candle/bubble bath exchange!?

Terms would be set of course. Such as if you choose to send tea lights, between 6-10 would be sufficient...if a larger type candle is selected perhaps 1 if extra large or 2 smaller ones...
Bubble bath ...Just a bottle of bubble bath would be good. No need for anything else. I'm going to post my personal email. So if you would like to participate just email me directly with your name, address, and what scents if any you prefer or do not like!! I'll set it all up!!

dawnmurphy@rogers.com is my email...I'll post this on a few other boards to see if we can get more people interested!!

Thanks!!

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.
August 2nd, 2004, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Hi. Could you give us more information on this? Do we mail it?
August 2nd, 2004, 09:29 AM
That is a really neat idea Please let us know more about it
August 2nd, 2004, 11:10 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
Yes...This exchange would be done thru the mail...Basically you would email me with your addresses. (I'm leaving this open for 1 week to see how many people we can gather) Then I'll make a big list of names and match a couple of people up for the exchange...Then I'm thinking, once it's all organized, give everyone 2 weeks to purchase the items, box them up and ship them cross country or whereever to the person your pampering!!

I've done this previously on other parenting sites and it's always been a success for me...I've received Xmas ornaments, magnets for my fridge...There was a tea exchange that I didn't participate in. There are tons of little things that can be sent to people across the country... As mentioned in my previous post about this... I LOVE getting things in the mail!!

So again...I'll let people sign up and email me with their info for one week. Until next Monday August 9th. Then I'll match people up! B)

August 2nd, 2004, 11:32 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
Oh! and this doesn't have to be anything extravagant!! I'm in no means wealthy and do not plan on spending that much!! lol But I'll make something up nice...Something that I wouldn't mind receiving myself...

August 6th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
Just refreshing this post...Wanting to remind everyone that I'm going to stop collecting names for the exchange Monday August 9th!!

So if you haven't joined yet email me quick!!

August 9th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
Today is the last day to sign up for the exchange! I'm going to organize it all up tomorrow and I'll email all who signed up your match!

Have a good day!

Ooo... dawnmurphy@rogers.com

Just incase!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search