Summer's nearly over?!?!?!?!

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2004, 08:41 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe how quickly this summer is flying by!

What are some fun things you all have done this summer?

What do you plan to do to finish this summer off?

</div>
August 9th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I Heart 4x4
Quote:
What are some fun things you all have done this summer?[/b]
Went to Knott's Berry Farm with my SIL and my two nephews ... absolutely nothing other than that. I hate the summer!

Quote:
What do you plan to do to finish this summer off?[/b]
We're going to the beach at the end of the month for a couple of days ... might be going to Vegas in Wednesday for a couple of hours to visit my SIL who is there visiting, LOL ... Count the days down to winter ... LOL!
August 9th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Gosh, I haven't been to Knott's in such a long time! I love thier boysenberry pie!
Las Vegas is always fun . DH and I went last November for a swing dancing function- we had such a blast!
How can you live in So. Cal and hate summer????????????? :thinking1:

</div>
August 9th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Regular
Summer went by sooooo fast this year! I really do not want to start classes again in a few weeks!
We went to the zoo a couple of times this summer. We also went to the fair, the and the beach. We are going to try to get to Great America befor the summer is over.
August 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Armywife
Well...my mom took the kids to Galveston(beach) and camping, horesback riding and digging for fossils!!

We took them to Sea World and San Antonio to see the Alamo.

And.....nothing else...I am starting to buy Christmas...so there is not much extra money to go on another trip!
August 9th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Veteran
We went home to Michigan for a mini-vacation, toured some of the sights around here since this is our first summer in Virginia, and not much else! We're not planning on doing any end of summer activities because school for me starts in two weeks and I am BROOOOOOKE! One of the girls' friends from daycare is having an end of summer slumber party though, so we'll call that their final activity!
August 9th, 2004, 04:54 PM
TheGeneralsGal
Had a baby We have been to Philly, Pittsburgh, NJ, NYC, Cleveland, Florida and DH and I are going to have a weekend with out Abigail and head down to TN. We are taking Ian as he isnt even three months yet. I think we will also be taking one more mini vacation to Washington DC as a family.
August 10th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
Summer is almost over and I'm glad!! I've been realizing over the past couple years that I actually perfer winter!! At least in the cold you can always keep warm, but in the heat sometimes there's no escape!!

Didn't do much this summer besides spend a few weekends down at the cottage. It's always a relaxing time and S/O's family usually run after Victoria so I get to sit back and relax. Now that I'm pregnant again they'll do it even more!! hehe

Last week of August is my vacation. I'll be spending a few days with mom...and I think she's planning a family BBQ, that'll be fun. There's a few of my older cousins who, when they get together, are absolutely hilarious! They just crack everyone up with their dirty jokes! Hope it's warm enough out to be able to get into the pool...

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.
August 10th, 2004, 05:28 AM
jenret's Avatar Member
Quote:
What are some fun things you all have done this summer?[/b]
We went camping (not real camping though...my friend's parents cook for us the whole time). We go every year its really fun.

I've been to the beach a bunch of times.

Lots of cook outs

Quote:
What do you plan to do to finish this summer off?[/b]
We are supposed to be going on a canoe trip to NH but we will see if that happens

I can't believe the summer is almost over I don't know if I'm ready to go back to teaching yet....

<br clear="all">

<br clear="all">
*HUGS* TOTAL!
give LittleRhody more *HUGS*

Get hugs of your own<br clear="all">
August 10th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
This is sad...but we really didn't do anything all that special this year. Owen hates the car so we try to limit our driving. ANd Pa really doesn't have a whole lot to do!
August 10th, 2004, 06:14 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I know. The beginning of summer was really slow and we didn't do anything. Now, in the last couple of weeks, we have been really busy!

I am hoping to go to the zoo in the next month. School starts in 2 weeks and I need to go shopping. Jacob needs school clothes and Alisha(not in school) has outgrown all of her clothes from winter.

can you say$$$$

August 10th, 2004, 07:06 AM
alyssasmommy2001
The only thing we did was drive up to the Newport Aquarium, and spend the day up there. But since I am pregnant, I have been too under the weather to do anything else. I am kinda glad summer is almost over. I love the fall, at least where we live. I can't say that I love living in Kentucky, but I have to live somewhere where all four seasons are quite different. I love the fall leaves and the snow. Although, everyone here keeps saying that we are going to have a bad winter this year, since we haven't had one in over five years. I hope they are wrong, b/c I am due in January, and we live 45 minutes away from the hospital as it is.
August 10th, 2004, 07:13 AM
I'm quite surprised that having a baby this summer hasn't slowed me down one bit (the miracle of natural birth I guess, lol). We've been to the zoo, the beach, and to parks and stuff countless times. We took my brother and his fiance to Disneyland just before they moved to D.C., had a few BBQ's, etc.
We have a few beach trips left in us (actually it's hot enough around here to enjoy the beach well into the end of September, as well as BBQ's. We are going to San Diego next weekend. We are starting ti gear up for school, so things will be getting hectic soon.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search