SIL can drive me nuts!!

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some basic background info first:
She is DH older sister by about 2 years, used to be best friends with DH's ex gf, has major jealousy issues and loves to micromanage things.
Anyways...so when I had my son about a month ago it ended up being a little complicated due to an infection I had. It turned out that on top of that infection my WBC was low and only getting lower with no real explanation from our doc. It was recommended that since my WBC has been low since 2007 that i see a blood doctor to make sure everything was okay. We were also told to be careful around others adn not to be around sick ppl due to the complications for my health and obviously a sick baby is no fun but I can also get things from my kids of course. Well, I was in the hospital for a friggin week and only had a few visitors and no one was allowed to hold the baby (one of my sil's held him, but I don't remember the circumstances, i was on morphine that day and exhausted) anyway, so the SIL i don't get along with wanted to come to the hospital and visit but she had been sick. After a few days I guess he called DH and was talking about coming out to visit me. He was okay with that as long as there were no kids and no one could hold baby. She actually said "What is the point of coming if I can't hold the baby?" He had to explain to her WHY a recently sick person with little kids couldn't hold a newborn and had to be careful while visiting someone in the hospital with a low WBC!!! She still hasn't asked to hold him and I think she is still miffed about it. We have issues all the time with her not taking illness seriously. Before I had the baby, 2 of her kids had fevers and were vomiting and she sent her 5 year old to school!! I don't care too much about sniffles and runny noses, but throwing up and a 102+ fever!! She irritates a lot of ppl with her attitude too so I know it is not just me. I know this will not be the last time i vent about her...sometimes I just want to strangle her. Any advice on how to nicely deal with someone who doesnt seem to think about other ppl? I mean, she put her desire to hold a baby over the health of that baby and myself. Oh and then she wrote on FB on someone elses wall who just had a baby about how she really wants to hold their baby because me and DH aren't letting anyone hold ours...ugh sorry so long...I'm done now!

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
November 15th, 2011, 05:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have no advice on how to deal with her. This is so how my SIL would be too!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search