DITL: A college Mama

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
~ 4:00 AM: Leila wakes me up with her grunting an whining... She just had a poopy diaper so I tell DH (2 or 3 times so I know he really heard it) that she needs to be changed. DH does all the nighttime diaper changes, since I do all the nighttime feedings. We pull Leila out of her Pack'N'Play and set her on my Boppy.... I put on the nipple shield for BFing and off we go. I always get bored while she is eating, so I pull out my computer and start checking JM and Facebook... I know I should be trying to stay "sleepy", but I wasn't getting much sleep this night anyway... We found out the night before the DH has to leave the country until his visa is processed.... so I was really bummed because that's just one more period apart that we have to spend together :/

~4:15- (around) 5:00 AM I lie awake thinking about the fact that in another month DH isn't going to be around to do these night time diaper changes and I'm really bummed out about it... I toss and turn and just try to get comfortable. Little Miss Leila has also decided that she wanted to be awake and so I was just watching her smile and shushing her to get her sleepy again. She finally falls asleep and I eventually relax enough to fall asleep......

~ 6:30 AM Leila wakes up again... hungry. again. I had just gotten to sleep too... or so it seemed I whip out the boob and we start the process all over again.... Except while I'm surfing the net, I also start waking up DH.... It's time to get ready for school for me and for him to go to the gym... This is our first time going to school together where we are both doing something! DH hasn't worked out in 2 months since we've been on baby duty and I had a "body conditioning" yoga class that I go to two times a wekk... so we were finally getting some "Me" time for both of us!! Before leaving, I pump and take the baby to Amma Heidi (my mom, "amma" means grandma in Icelandic) in the other room of the apartment.

~7:30 AM We leave for school and listen to our favorite radio talk show on the way.... We also play our favorite car game: "Gulubíll"... The goal is to spot a yellow car that's not a taxi and then you get to punch the other person I know.... so mature.... Anyway, DH beats me big time today and basically finds every yellow car in Little Rock!! Thankfully he doesn't really punch me... just more gives me love taps

~8:00 AM My yoga class starts.... It's basically a beginners "non-dancer" dance class and so I basically don't know anyone in the class and the instructor is an adjunct who only teaches this class. I used to be a Dance major and switched to the minor program so now I'm require to take this class to graduate and none of my friends are...I know, I know, school is about studying and doing well... not making friends! .... Anyways.. The class was okay... I was in a sour mood because of some things my mom said to me earlier and from all the visa drama, so all the deep breathing and stretching chilled me out a little bit. After class, I meet up with DH and we head home to grab his wallet, which he forgot to bring with him in his early morning daze

~9:30 AM - This isn't really part of a "typical" DIML, but it did happen... We hadn't received a copy of DD's birth certificate yet so we went to the Department of Vital Records to get one made for us. It was like rednecks came out of the woodwork and showed up to this office! Seriously! LOL. It takes about an hour, but we finally get the birth certificate and head home. When we get home, I talk things over with my mom and we get things straightened out and she decides that her and my dad are going to fly me and DD to Iceland in the middle of March so we can see DH and not be separated from him. The best part is we get to watch DH compete with his volleyball team (he will have only missed two games of the whole season in his 3 month stay in the US) in their final games and go to the big end of year party!!! We also decided that we arent going to tell anyone we are coming and are going to surprise Amma and Afi (DH's parents)!!!

~12:00 PM - We go to lunch at Five Guys! One of our favorite burger places!! I get my little cheeseburger and we just enjoy talking together and planning going to Iceland. After lunch we head to the ATM to make some transactions and then head back home. We drop off DH and DD at the house and my mom and I head to school... I guess I should mention that my mom works at the same university I attend so its convenient.

~1:40 PM I head to ballet class. I took ballet II last semester but couldn't complete the remaining classes because my pregnant body just could not take it anymore... so I have about 13 classes to make up total... I've already finished 3 and this would be my 4th. It's with a teacher I don't usually have and boy did she kick my butt! She is an amazing ballet teacher and she really made us work for our class period today! Finally, my mom picked me up and we headed home. Afterwards I booked my ticket to Iceland!!

~ 5:30 DH makes dinners... which is SO not a typical DIML, but it's the truth for today He made chicken tenders and sauteed winter squash It was delicious!! Afterwards I talked to my dad over facebook for a little while about life in general and DH and I have been watching TV.

Its almost 10 pm and I have yet to start homework But that's pretty much a typical day... class, errands, family drama... the works
January 23rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Have you ever tried bf'ing in bed? I know you were saying you're feeling like quitting. I never bf'd my dd#1 laying in bed at night, but I did with the later ones, all the time with the last two at night, never got up unless they were still cranky after eating, it made it so much easier!

I don't understand if you and baby daddy are married, why does he have to leave?

Your game is like slug bug, I hate that game...

I always loved my dance classes because they were always the same people (in college and before.)

What is your major now?

January 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so THATS why when I am up and cant sleep I can always catch you on FB

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
January 24th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Have you ever tried bf'ing in bed? I know you were saying you're feeling like quitting. I never bf'd my dd#1 laying in bed at night, but I did with the later ones, all the time with the last two at night, never got up unless they were still cranky after eating, it made it so much easier!

I don't understand if you and baby daddy are married, why does he have to leave?

Your game is like slug bug, I hate that game...

I always loved my dance classes because they were always the same people (in college and before.)

What is your major now?
He's entered the country on the visa waiver program not an immigration visa ... so he basically doesnt have the right to stay beyond three months because he doesnt have a residence visa because of a fline print detail we missed :/

And LOL Casey! yessss... its a bad habit of mine

Oh and my major is psychology
January 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Are you guys gunna get this fixed so he can stay next time he comes? I'm up on facebook all the random time,

January 25th, 2012, 02:43 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
You sounded busy! x

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 25th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Are you guys gunna get this fixed so he can stay next time he comes? I'm up on facebook all the random time,
Yep! He leaves the end of Feb and we will file for a CR-1 visa then.
January 26th, 2012, 12:20 AM
That's good. I hope it works out easily

January 31st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
I hope you have him with you the whole time soon! And I majored in psychology too

Johanna Helena Sophia - Anna (25th of June, 2004)
Josephine Zara Emilie - Josephine (18th of December, 2007)

And pregnant!!:

February 2nd, 2012, 03:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
Wow you are busy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search