Bedtime

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 08:10 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How much does Daddy help with all the things that have to happen before the kiddos go down for the night?

February 6th, 2012, 08:20 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jordan is actually a huge help. The kids usually take a bath together. I wash them up and hand Kiefer off to Jordan. He gets Kiefer dressed, teeth brushed, and medicated (this kid has a ton of meds so this is a HUGE help). While he does that, I do the same for Jaleigh. Cuts my prep time for bed in half.

He also reads books and sings bedtime songs with me for both kids. It is really sweet to watch him get really into the whole daddy thing, even if it's only for a small portion of the day.

February 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is a HUGE help. he does alllll the nighttime changes and always helps with the bath. He's holding the passed out DD as I type
February 7th, 2012, 02:40 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Stuart is amazing :-) he does it all from pjs to bed!!! he is in charge of the bedtime routine he gets their pjs on (sometimes i do this but most of the time he does) and then takes them all up to bed, he reads the girls a story too, i like that i can sit down and relax for the 15mins he is doing that, thing is he really enjoys it and i really dislike it so it works lol

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 7th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Super Mommy
Harry is great too I bathe the girls after dinner usually -he comes home about 5 minutes before dinner so after that he gets to relax a bit or does the dish washer. And then when it's actual bed time he comes to read them a story ( he does the voices lol) , each their own story. I'm usually the one that helps them with their hair and stuff, but they can change etc themselves, so it helps. But I'm sure with the new baby he'll help changing /bathing etc like he did when the girls were little

Johanna Helena Sophia - Anna (25th of June, 2004)
Josephine Zara Emilie - Josephine (18th of December, 2007)

And pregnant!!:

February 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Veteran
Nothing lol My daughter will have nothing to do with daddy nowadays I kinda feel bad for him. Sometimes he does bathe her or play with her while I try to get dinner ready
February 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Daddy's help? just (bitterly) joking...

No, I shouldn't be so harsh.. during the week it is just me home with the girls - so obviously it's just me doing it then, but Emersyn's father has really stepped up to the mark and alternates between having her Fri-Sun and Sat-Sun each week, so I presume he does all the bedtime stuff when she's at his house.. I would hate to learn it was his partner doing it all...

February 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Whatever, you should be harsh, they don't help OK, I'm bitter. I feel frustrated with dh, but if I were going to explain I'd do it in The Hush. He does help sometimes with bedtime, but certainly not every night...

February 8th, 2012, 06:01 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Troy is actually really great. If I'm working an evening shift, it's all on him. But even if I am home, he does the showers, teeth, and pjs, and I do the story and tucking in
February 8th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Super Mommy
HEhe Chantelle, that's great! Seems like it's the other way around here, Harry does the story and tucking in

Johanna Helena Sophia - Anna (25th of June, 2004)
Josephine Zara Emilie - Josephine (18th of December, 2007)

And pregnant!!:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search