Depression

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LJD3Tdance

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2012, 10:33 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Have you ever had to deal with depression? And to make it less personal for people who don't want to answer that question about themselves...I'm asking in general, like your spouse, your mother, yourself, your close friend...so when I say deal it could just be the general effect and you don't have to share who it was.

February 26th, 2012, 02:55 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Ive suffered from depression on and off since the age of 13... it was really bad in my teen years! i didn't go on anti depressants until the age of 19.. i am on and off them now (currently off)

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 26th, 2012, 07:24 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Yes. My mom suffers from it. I also suffered from it for a while. Can't really say how I got passed it. Meds were awful and I stopped taking those. Therapist didn't help either. I met DH, moved in with him, and just slowly became less depressed.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
February 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I also suffer from depression since I was pretty young. I swore that I would b so much more happy if I could have children. Now I am pregnant and still dealing with this depression. Everyone around me is so dissapointed and angry. Its rough. I understand though. Meds never worked for me either.
February 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
I have dealt with depression and anxiety since my early 20's. I am still medicated and am actually currently in counseling. I had a rough life and just needed a little help

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
February 27th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraiseHim812 View Post
I also suffer from depression since I was pretty young. I swore that I would b so much more happy if I could have children. Now I am pregnant and still dealing with this depression. Everyone around me is so dissapointed and angry. Its rough. I understand though. Meds never worked for me either.
Pregnancy causes my depression (hence this post, cuz I'm pregnant now) so don't give up on feeling more complete with kids, though I don't think kids are by any means a cure for depression, I do know my kids have helped my mother's depression. My mother's adopted, so my kids were her first link besides me that was genetic.

And as I just said, this post came about cuz I have a hard time emotionally during pregnancy, and clearly when I posted it I was in one of my lows. Mine is like a bipolar depression. And by that I don't mean bipolar like bipolar disorder because I don't know all the symptoms of that, but I mean I swing to totally fine and then if any little thing is wrong (I'm a little hungry, a little tired, etc.) it drops me SO low it is unbelievable.
PraiseHim812 likes this.

March 6th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have suffered from depression on and off since I was about 12, it reached it's peak in 2002/2003... After I had Gaby it started getting bad again, and eventually in 2007/2008(? one of them) I went on Prozac, and kicked myself for not going on it years earlier.. it really helped me.... I've been off it since I was TTC Emmy, so it's been quite awhile

March 16th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
my mother is bipolar and so am i. my father says he has slight depression. and i'm convinced my husband has depression,he was even on meds for a bit, but he says he doesnt have it anymore*eye roll*

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

April 3rd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to StephanieJune Send a message via MSN to StephanieJune Send a message via Yahoo to StephanieJune
I was diagnosed with depression when I was 15 years old; the first time I remember feeling depressed was when I was 12 years old (when I got my first period). My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 9 years old, and she died when I was 16 years old. I took Zoloft when I was in high school, but I stopped taking it when I turned 18. I was actually happy while I was pregnant with my daughter though (when I was 19 years old), and I didn't get depressed again until I got married, when our daughter was 4 months old. I don't really know why that is for sure, but I guess it has something to do with hormones. I thought that getting married and having a baby would make me happy, and it did, for a while, but now, not so much. I love my daughter very much; she is the best thing that ever happened to me. However, my husband and I are not in a good place right now, unfortunately. I hope that it gets better soon.
April 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Hope it gets better for you too.

April 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have bipolar, I've had it since I was 3. I am on meds, but not really coping to well right now. I always thought having a baby would cure my depression. It has partially filled a hole but the deppression is still there It made it very very hard for me to bond with my son.

DP also has deppresion and was on meds but like PP he says he doesn't need it any more
April 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
MamaRuth2011's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaRuth2011
I've had depression since I was 10 but it wasn't diagnosed until I was 19. I went on Celexa but all that did was make me sleep 20 out of 24 hours so I quit taking it. I went on Zoloft when my ODD was 6 months old because the post-partum depression hit really really bad. I was also diagnosed at that time as borderline bi-polar and chronic depressive. When I was pregnant with Alaina (YDD), I went on Welbutrin to help with my stress level and depression and to help me quit smoking. During that time was when I finalized my divorce and the stress from it led to quite a few ER trips and ultrasounds to check on baby. Since James and I got together, my depression has been good. I've had a few flare-ups with it but mostly, it's been stable. Pregnancy always makes mine worse and then it usually goes away after a few months after birth.

*Thanks to Kiliki for my siggy*

(thanks to C&K'sMomma)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search