How would people find out?

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2012, 01:41 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My hubby plays online games. Maybe two years ago, maybe just one, hard to remember for sure he got into this game called Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO), it is sort of like WoW, but Lord of the Rings themed for those who know about WoW. Anyway, he made some friends there. He doesn't play anymore, but he has people he met there on his facebook and things like that.

One of his friends and I would often get into conversations on his status or something of that nature and eventually his friend, Robert was his name, added me as a friend too. I always appreciated his comments. Robert was maybe 60ish.

The other day Nick told me that Robert was having open heart surgery, he had a heart attack and had to have surgery. Just a moment ago he told me he died. I hadn't noticed. I didn't like go visit his facebook page, if he posted something and I saw it, I often commented, but if he had just gone silent, I probably wouldn't have ever noticed...I have something like 350 facebook friends, if they go silent I just assume I'm missing their posts, I don't live on facebook, so I miss a lot of things that go on there (even if I did live there, I'm sure I'd miss things then too.)

But it has always been something I've wondered about. What if I died, would people know? I mean would somebody put it on my facebook? Would somebody I really knew who heard post an I miss you that somebody would see that would lead to people finding out at places like...here?

A few months ago...maybe more than a few now, another message board I occasionally visit, the one that was my home before JM was had a girl disappear from the site, but that's really not unusual for this site. Finally somebody who was a good friend of hers noticed they hadn't heard from her so they went looking...found out she had been MURDERED.

And in both of these cases I went and left my condolences on their facebook pages, just so the families knew people were thinking of them, and because I needed somewhere to say it.

But anyway, how/when do you think your online friends would find out if something did happen to you?

March 7th, 2012, 09:43 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
DH and I plan to get on each others accounts to let them know.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Troy would let everyone know, I have some close friends from JM on my FB and would ask one of them to pass the news on.
March 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I assume dh would tell the facebook world somehow at some point, which I assume would filter out to my other sites.

March 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Nobody knows my password so i would think stuart would tag me on a status update or something that would then go onto my profile, i think my mum would update here on JM if something happened as she has an account

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

March 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
i only have close friends and family and a few people i kept in touch with from a previous mommy board on my facebook so chances are everyone would already know,if not my hubby knows my info as does my mom and stepsister

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

March 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to be honest I havent thought how my online only friends would find out. I have a couple close friends from JM that I talk to outside of the internet but yeah... never really gave it a thought

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
April 1st, 2012, 01:01 AM
Callia's Avatar Member
I have almost all of my family members on Facebook, as well as a list saved on my computer of websites I'm a member of, passwords, as well as for my email accounts and bills/debts. I didn't like hearing about the nightmare families go thru trying to track down everything to pay off debts and close accounts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search