To be or not to be....

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I am getting pressure from my dear sweet mother-in-law to have another child. My husband & I have a 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old daughter, and they are the only grandchildren to my parents and my husband's parents. So of course, they want more!! I am 28, and my husband is soon to be 31. We have thought about having another, and we both say that it would be nice to have a boy, but honestly we are very content with what we have. I would be happy either way, and I know my husband would be too. The next thing we thing about is money. If it was based on money alone, we would not have another one. We have been working hard to get out of debt (student loans, credit cards, etc.) and we are SO close! To think about having another baby, makes us really think we will go back into debt, and that is not what either of us want. So... we are just confused...
June 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm certainly not one to think about money on this one as my top reason. However, my MIL is for SURE not my top reason. You gotta do what will make YOU happy.

June 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
You certainly need to do what makes you guys happy, and what makes sense for YOU. End of the day your MIL isn't the one who will be paying for a new baby, nor will she be the one getting up 50 times a night

June 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
My MIL is doing the same thing. Stressing us about another grandchild when she knows that DH and I planned well in advance that we were only having one. One is enough for us lol. I say do what YOU both want to do.
June 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I agree, this is something that is between you and your DH. No one else. You have to do what is best for you and your family

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search