How to tell my partner his going to be a dad

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Im in a situation I just found out I pregnant. I been with my partner for nearly 3 years. I have always wanted children as I come from a big family but my partner comes from a very small family that are not close so he never really wanted kids. But he did agree we could have a child in a few years after we buy our home and have some extra spare cash. Anyway he cheated on me within the 1st couple of months being together. I found this out and we moved on. 9months later this girl he slept with decided to spring on us that she had my patners baby and started demanding money off my partner. We did a dna test and it absolutely killed me when it came back a match. Anyway so now we have less money to save cuz a chunk of his wages goes to her. But he now has the ONE child he said he would have. I do not know how to tell him I'm pregnant. I know he will not want me to continue my pregnancy. I just get scared incase he flips out. Do I have someone there for support? But it's ment to be my partner who knows before anyone else. Help?
June 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think this is one of those times where building it up in your head is probably not a good idea. The quicker you can just tell him, the less painful it'll be for you. You can't guess how he'll react, and playing it over and over in your head, is just gunna make it harder. Just tell him. I remember telling my husband the first time and thinking he might not be happy about it cuz our financial situation was not good and we were still young, and I remember us just giggling cuz it seemed so crazy to think we'd be parents. He didn't freak out or anything, just we felt a little weird, and then we went on.

June 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I agree, the sooner you tell him, the better his reaction is probably going to be. Plus, you'll never know how he will react until you just tell him. Good luck!
June 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
Ditto I would just tell him sooner rather than later ((hugs))
Keep us updated when you tell him !!
June 13th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Loving My Piglets
I hope that telling him goes well, please let us know, im sure he probably meant he wanted one child with you ? i hope so

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search