Confused

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
So here I am looking at a pregnancy message board trying to figure out why I am so bad....

I am 22, Just found out I am pregnant with my first child, my boyfriend is SUPER happy (probably happier than me!)

(little on him he is 23 we have an amazing relationship we hardly ever fight and when we do it lasts 10 min then were fine and we never yell scream nothing its a little bicker but that's it, He was my first love, also my first sexually at the age of 21 he took my virginity so he is my only sexual partner ever. *he waited a year for me to be ready*)

Anyway as I said I am 22, I dont drink, smoke, do drugs nothing of that sort, i have a job, i went through high school with pretty decent grades went to collage yadda yadda.....

Here is my Dilemma... So of course my brother is the better of us (always has been the favorite) he is 27 has his own house married good job yadda yadda well a day before i found out i was pregnant my brother surprised us that his wife is pregnant, of course I was THINKING I might be by that time I was late on my period so my boyfriend and I kinda just sat back of course I am happy for him! He will be a great dad... My parents were SUPER DUPER Joyed....

Well there's my dilemma, I contemplated telling my mom (not my dad yet because I was planning on waiting for him for a while) but i figured my mom would be ok and happy for me... well the day i told her she was kinda stand off ish... kinda mad it seemed i figured that was normal... I guess... anyway I of course being pregnant was trying not to cry... my mom doesn't seem happy for me at all she didn't ask me anything not how i was feeling how far along i was when i made my first appointment nothing and a week after i had told her she acts like nothing happened I feel like i cant talk to her about it like she would brush me off =( sad little me. (at least i have a few friends that have a kid or two to talk to) but It hurts me to think she isnt as happy for me and she treats me as though I am horrible for this But I for one am very happy for Us.

Anyone have any info or the same reaction (My dad will be a different story he might be prettttyyy mad LOL)

Last edited by Cortney6983; August 29th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
August 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I hope she was just shocked and comes around. I think parents really struggle when we don't do things as traditionally as they did. I also had a baby recently and am not married so even though my parents and his were happy for us we were constantly bombarded with "when are you getting married" and stuff. I think its hard for them to recognize that we live in a different world then they grew up in.

Try giving her some time. If she doesn't come around I would tell her how her reaction made you feel. There is no reason you and your family shouldn't be overjoyed and celebrating your news. If you aren't the type to wear your heart on your sleeve it might be hard to talk to her about how hurt you were, but you deserve better treatment and you might not get it if she doesn't know how hurtful she is being.

Good luck!

Pinterest
Flickr
September 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sorry your Mum hasn't reacted as you'd hoped - in my experience though, once they've taken a little time to get their heads around it, they are fine.. I hope this is the case with your Mum!

September 2nd, 2012, 09:33 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!

September 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Congratulations! I'm sure she'll come around with a little time!
September 5th, 2012, 12:35 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
When announcing my pregnancies, I've never received the reaction I was expecting, it has either been not really happy for me when I thought they would be or extremely happy when I thought they wouldn't be. When the baby comes, all is well though. Just hang in there.

September 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I hope so because she still isn't any better no help doesn't ask how I'm feeling or if I need help with anything but when it comes to our family friend or my brothers wife she is all about asking how they are doing and getting them things ( all 3 of us got pregnant within a few months of each other) its like you're my mom you should be interested and helping me with things not me trying to find things on the Internet or other people to help me out
September 6th, 2012, 06:20 PM
krismk's Avatar Mom to Be with #1
Congrats!! Hopefully she'll come around!
TTC #1 since 9/2011
Diagnosis - MFI
IUI #1 8/2012 - BFP

Tags
mom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search